Solved panel for Openbox

Hi!

I am using Openbox long time tint2 panel which I like it. But tint2 doesn't work anymore - it gone after few seconds if I move a mouse, also complain about Parcellite and Volumeicon and doesn't show them.
Today I installed Lxpanel and there no problems, not complaining about Parcelliete and Volumeicon. The problem is because I do not like the panel.
Which panel is recommended from Openbox users, please.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi!

I am using Openbox long time tint2 panel which I like it. But tint2 doesn't work anymore - it gone after few seconds if I move a mouse, also complain about Parcellite and Volumeicon and doesn't show them.
Today I installed Lxpanel and there no problems, not complaining about Parcelliete and Volumeicon. The problem is because I do not like the panel.
Which panel is recommended from Openbox users, please.

Thank you.
I'm also interested in this. Cairo dock does not render properly and I have moved some systems over to icewm because I couldn't find a good dock for openbox/blackbox.

I can't duplicate your issues with tint2, it still works well for me. There is a pkg fbpanel which I think was designed for fluxbox. I haven't tried it, but i probably do different things than you so I don't get those type of errors.
(I mostly use dwm without a panel, but when I do use openbox, tint2 is my panel of choice.)

But tint2 doesn't work anymore - it gone after few seconds if I move a mouse
I'm using x11-wm/openbox and x11/tint myself (no deskutils/parcellite and audio/volumeicon installed).

After upgrade of latest repository from 2024-Mar-04 I didn't experience such dysfunction.

It may not be related to x11/tint at all. There is a bug report from 2024-03-06 (is it yours?), where tint2 is working just fine under x11-wm/fluxbox (Comment #1).

Bug 277541 x11/tint: tint disappears after upgrade

Before upgrading I compared packages to be upgraded and package dependencies of x11-wm/openbox and x11/tint.

Following dependencies have been upgraded:
Code:
imlib2
libxml2
librsvg2-rust

Thank you very much to everyone...
I thin I will stay with lxpanel. I have everything as before except I didn't fing yet how to put battery status on the panel.

I did also "play" with drm-515-kmod and the problem is because it doesn't work if I use docking station.
And I do not have installed xf86-video-andgpu and I didn't have before either. Should I installed, please?

I found a problem which was not a problem years.
It is Conky. I start Openbox without it and everything works as before.
IMO it is something related to colours.
There are more similar complaining in tin2 conky github from Linux users. And all have Openbox which was not updated very long time (2015).

Last edited:
I found a problem which was not a problem years.
It is Conky. I start Openbox without it and everything works as before.
IMO it is something related to colours.
There are more similar complaining in tin2 github from Linux users. And all have Openbox which was not updated very long time (2015).

I have always some issues with Conky - moved to Dzen2 and could not be happier.

Check these for details:
- https://vermaden.wordpress.com/2018/06/16/freebsd-desktop-part-5-key-components-status-bar/
- https://vermaden.wordpress.com/2018/07/05/freebsd-desktop-part-13-configuration-dzen2/

I'm using x11-wm/openbox and x11/tint myself (no deskutils/parcellite and audio/volumeicon installed).

After upgrade of latest repository from 2024-Mar-04 I didn't experience such dysfunction.

It may not be related to x11/tint at all. There is a bug report from 2024-03-06 (is it yours?), where tint2 is working just fine under x11-wm/fluxbox (Comment #1).

Bug 277541 x11/tint: tint disappears after upgrade

Before upgrading I compared packages to be upgraded and package dependencies of x11-wm/openbox and x11/tint.

Following dependencies have been upgraded:
Code:
imlib2
libxml2
librsvg2-rust
It was not just me:
https://github.com/brndnmtthws/conky/issues/1767

Back