Pandora handheld UMPC/Game Console

Just a heads up for anyone interested. The Pandora UMPC/Game Console has started pre-orders for their next batch being produced. Instead of redundantly posting info I'll just direct you to their site. It would be great to see *BSD run on this. It is based on the TI OMAP 3530.

http://www.openpandora.org/

Just a bump to spread the word.

Their site is currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to updating but it is still browsable in its entirety.

That may be so but you're basically paying for no more than what it cost to produce + tax. It is not from a big name company that can afford a loss on sales and recuperate through games/software. Just about nine people with a good idea.

Handheld consoles aren't my thing, but I think it's really neat this is a 100% open device that actually works very well. The people working on it did a really good job.

It's not just a games machine though. It's pretty flexible in what it can do. It's powerful enough to emulate an Amiga 500, Playstation 1, just barely a Nintendo64, and run a complete desktop environment. It's stock clock speed is 600MHz but can be overclocked up to 1GHz, and even underclocked down to I think 10MHz. I know it's not for everyone but I'm just spreading the word to help them out.

Back