Solved p5-SNMP-Session does not install

For some reason p5-SNMP-Session does not install on FreeBSD 10.3. I'm upgrading from 10.0 and I set the default perl version to 5.20 (for now).

Code:
===>  Installing for p5-SNMP_Session-1.13_3
===>  Checking if p5-SNMP_Session already installed
actual-package-depends: dependency on /usr/local/bin/perl5.16.3 not registered (normal if it belongs to base)
===>  Registering installation for p5-SNMP_Session-1.13_3
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/net-mgmt/p5-SNMP_Session/work/stage/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/BER.pm: No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/net-mgmt/p5-SNMP_Session/work/stage/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/SNMP_Session.pm: No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/net-mgmt/p5-SNMP_Session/work/stage/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/SNMP_util.pm: No such file or directory
*** Error code 74

I don't know why this is happening, it should not be failing. Thanks for the help.

Please, read the following entry in /usr/ports/UPDATING

less -p20141126 /usr/ports/UPDATING

Please, read the following entry in /usr/ports/UPDATING

less -p20141126 /usr/ports/UPDATING

I did and it's still broken. Also, perl5-5.18 gets pulled in for some reason. Creating issues. I've tried to get it removed, but some package pulls it in and I can't stop it.

Code:
===>  Installing for p5-Authen-PAM-0.16_2
===>  Checking if p5-Authen-PAM already installed
actual-package-depends: dependency on /usr/local/bin/perl5.16.3 not registered (normal if it belongs to base)
===>  Registering installation for p5-Authen-PAM-0.16_2 as automatic
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/security/p5-Authen-PAM/work/stage/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/mach/5.16/Authen/PAM.pm: No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/security/p5-Authen-PAM/work/stage/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/mach/5.16/Authen/PAM/FAQ.pod: No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/security/p5-Authen-PAM/work/stage/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/mach/5.16/auto/Authen/PAM/PAM.so: No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/security/p5-Authen-PAM/work/stage/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/man/man3/Authen::PAM.3.gz: No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/security/p5-Authen-PAM/work/stage/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/man/man3/Authen::PAM::FAQ.3.gz: No such file or directory
*** Error code 74

I did follow the install guide and on-screen messages. I'm now testing to see if anything changes with a reboot. However, Perl5-5.18 is still being pulled in. I don't know why that is or what depends on it (so I can remove it).

I found out what pulls in perl5-5.18. That is pkg-1.8.3 package. I can't seems to fix it.

Can you show your /etc/make.conf? A bad line will spoil the upgrade process.

My make.conf doesn't have many commands.

Code:
WITH_PKGNG=yes

DEFAULT_VERSIONS=perl5=5.20

My make.conf doesn't have many commands.

Code:
WITH_PKGNG=yes

DEFAULT_VERSIONS=perl5=5.20

Please, remove the first line. WITH_PKGNG is only required for FreeBSD versions earlier than 10.X

Found and solved the issue. This topic here got me to the solution, an old configure file was creating this issue. I expect everything to work now and the system should also stop pulling in lang/perl5.18, since it should not do so to start with. As it seems it just did go with the lowest version it was able to access.

Found and solved the issue. This topic here got me to the solution, an old configure file was creating this issue. I expect everything to work now and the system should also stop pulling in perl5-5.18, since it should not do so to start with. As it seems it just did go with the lowest version it was able to access.

Yea, one of the annoyances in many of the ports is that they change their build time behavior (outside the set options) depending on what's installed on the host (such as the mentioned perl_version file). This really shouldn't happen but it's hard to change because the port maintainers have been given the freedom to play such tricks for years.

Back