OTA HDTV, TVheadend port, cards etc

device is recognized, the muxes build and channels are successfully scanned and tuned. But try and get it to stream to a media playing device (browser, vlc, etc). I have been at it for hours and no joy yet.
Your not alone. I only got to the same spot. Does the 'Watch TV' button work for you?
Basically I have it tuning and EPG working. That's it. I tried my Fusion HDTV7 again with the same results.

I reverted to Debian to see how tvheadend is supposed to work and I can say that I had to build from source there because of problems.
I am thinking of trying VDR instead on FreeBSD.

Your not alone. I only got to the same spot. Does the 'Watch TV' button work for you? ........ I am thinking of trying VDR instead on FreeBSD.

Nope. When I try the "Watch TV" it just sits there, eventually times out saying "an error occurred". I kinda got the impression it was a streaming issue so I tried my hand at building some stream profiles. I ended up building almost a dozen of them but it made no difference. Then I noticed the transport and continuity errors. I did a fair bit of reading last night, but no joy yet. The TVHeadEnd forum and documentation is weak at best. Really can't see that software and user base surviving beyond 2020. But I hope am wrong. I am not interested in it primarily as a DVR, but its capabilities of ingesting a wide variety of video sources. I'm hoping, mostly for fun and learning, to get SAT>IP up and running (need to find a SAT>IP receiver that will work in my part of Canada), and get IPTV streams up and running from legitimate sources. I think TVHeadEnd has great potential, but the support doesn't seem to be quite there. Wish I was a coder, this would be a 2nd opportunity where I could see myself contributing.

I'll keep at it. Stay tuned. If you make any progress let us know please and thanks in advance.

I really can't say tvheadend is bad as it works fine on Linux. We just need to get the port whipped into shape.
It does seem like a very small group of developers though. I figured out how to install it on Stretch from repos now too..

Still no joy in getting TVHeadEnd working, but I ended up trying multimedia/emby-server too. Got it up and running in just a couple minutes without any issues, with HDHomeRun Extend (Canadian version). I'll keep trying to get it working on TVHeadEnd. Wish its forum was a little more responsive, at least to point me in a direction.

I've given up on trying to get TVHeadEnd working with HDHomeRun Extend for now. Maybe someday with satellite or something else.

Back