Solved OpenDiablo2 engine port

Why not run D2LOD with wine?
PS>: I do that and I'm curious about this alternative.
I thought because it was in freshports that OpenDiablo2 was a popular or default way to play it on FreeBSD. But now that I've done some more research on it, it seems that this is a version where many things don't work properly, and with missing features and maybe more bugs. In my opinion, the word 'beta' may also be added to the package for clarity :)

I'm going to see if I'm going to use a different version. I've been able to increase the resolution and I improved the graphics a bit through the settings, and it seems to be stable as well, so it seems to be playable.

I thought because it was in freshports that OpenDiablo2 was a popular or default way to play it on FreeBSD. But now that I've done some more research on it, it seems that this is a version where many things don't work properly, and with missing features and maybe more bugs. In my opinion, the word 'beta' may also be added to the package for clarity :)

I'm going to see if I'm going to use a different version. I've been able to increase the resolution and I improved the graphics a bit through the settings, and it seems to be stable as well, so it seems to be playable.
Would be nice to have MedianXL on FreeBSD.

Would be nice to have MedianXL on FreeBSD.
What would be even nicer, Diablo 4 coming out in a few months is an exclusive for all platforms that are based on BSD in one way or another. (PlayStation 5, NetBSD, ravynOS, FreeBSD, iOS, macOS, DragonFly BSD, helloSystem, Nintendo Switch and OpenBSD)

You have to admit it would be funny if a major AAA game like Diablo 4 didn't support windows. I understand that this is not desirable from a commercial point of view, but if I were a CEO of a gaming company I would do it anyway :)

What would be even nicer, Diablo 4 coming out in a few months is an exclusive for all platforms that are based on BSD in one way or another. (PlayStation 5, NetBSD, ravynOS, FreeBSD, iOS, macOS, DragonFly BSD, helloSystem, Nintendo Switch and OpenBSD)

You have to admit it would be funny if a major AAA game like Diablo 4 didn't support windows. I understand that this is not desirable from a commercial point of view, but if I were a CEO of a gaming company I would do it anyway :)
I don't want to make this post about politics in this forum, but after Blizzard supported China against Hong Kong, I refuse to give them money. I know that don't make a difference for them, but I can sleep better this way.

PS.: I only play D2LOD because I already have the game before this event.
PSS.: I would like to play W3TFT as well, but now it depends on the battle.net launcher. T.T

I don't want to make this post about politics in this forum, but after Blizzard supported China against Hong Kong, I refuse to give them money. I know that don't make a difference for them, but I can sleep better this way.

PS.: I only play D2LOD because I already have the game before this event.
PSS.: I would like to play W3TFT as well, but now it depends on the battle.net launcher. T.T
I'm not sure if I'm for or against China. I don't know much about the politics, culture and people of that country.
I'm not really a fan of Blizzard's games, I only like certain versions of Diablo. Blizzard was bought by MS, which you may know. At Activision, which is also in that deal, there has been a lot of misconduct from management, and there are also many questionable figures at Microsoft.

Diablo 4 looks like a decent game to me. There is a French YouTuber Julien Chièze who has said that he was never a real Diablo fan himself in the past but that he was very impressed with the game. He has already been allowed to play it by Blizzard so that he could give a preview. But you can understand that I'm not a big fan of Microsoft, I'm more of a fan of the work that Valve and Sony are doing.

It turned out to be the d2xmusic.mpq file that caused this problem.
Once I replaced this file with the correct file, this game suddenly worked perfectly:

Hi, Voltaire. I am facing the same problem. Could you tell how to find the d2xmusic.mpq? I have googled it, but all the resources are blocked. It seems have something to do with software privacy issue.

Back