OpenCL with Radeon HD 2600 XT

I just got access to an old Mac Pro equipped with a Radeon HD 2600 XT card. I wonder if it is possible to dabble in some very basic OpenCL work with it, given the open source friendliness of AMD with regard to their GPUs. I know it's an old machine so it may entirely not work.

Here's what I did:

Installed lang/clover and devel/clinfo. When running clinfo, the output is quite disappointing:

Code:
Number of platforms                               1
  Platform Name                                   Clover
  Platform Vendor                                 Mesa
  Platform Version                                OpenCL 1.1 Mesa 17.3.1
  Platform Profile                                FULL_PROFILE
  Platform Extensions                             cl_khr_icd
  Platform Extensions function suffix             MESA

Platform Name                                   Clover
Number of devices                                 0

NULL platform behavior
  clGetPlatformInfo(NULL, CL_PLATFORM_NAME, ...)  Clover
  clGetDeviceIDs(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ALL, ...)   Clover
  clCreateContext(NULL, ...) [default]            No devices found in platform
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU)  No devices found in platform
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU)  No devices found in platform
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ACCELERATOR)  No devices found in platform
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CUSTOM)  No devices found in platform
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ALL)  No devices found in platform

ICD loader properties
  ICD loader Name                                 OpenCL ICD Loader
  ICD loader Vendor                               OCL Icd free software
  ICD loader Version                              2.2.11
  ICD loader Profile                              OpenCL 2.1

Does this tell me the card is not supported, the card does not work with OpenCL or do I have to take further steps? Thanks for any and all pointers.

Thanks for the hint. Unfortunately this did not work. Same result. The card is just probably too told to be supported. Too bad. I thought of recycling some old hardware. I guess especially with regard to graphics, this is not possible.

Back