Open Log

I stongly suggest learning some basic UNIX skills. You're not only new at FreeBSD but you appear to be new at anything UNIX-like. Which is fine of course, we all had to start somewhere.

What kind of computing experience do you have? Only Windows? Have you ever tried MacOS or a Linux? Tell us a bit about your level of knowledge. Then we can provide better answers.

I'm newbie ini OS Freebsd, please help me how open log ini freebsd.
Log files can be found in /var/log, the configuration for those log files is usually /etc/syslog.conf.

To be honest I don't understand your question at all, so I'm giving a general response of what I think the question could have meant. A good source of information is the FreeBSD handbook, which is also available in multiple languages, so maybe that could also be a good information resource for you.

Log files can be found in /var/log, the configuration for those log files is usually /etc/syslog.conf.

To be honest I don't understand your question at all, so I'm giving a general response of what I think the question could have meant. A good source of information is the FreeBSD handbook, which is also available in multiple languages, so maybe that could also be a good information resource for you.

Code:
[root@xxx ~]# /etc/syslog.conf
-bash: /etc/syslog.conf: Permission denied
Why permission denied?

Because you're trying to execute a non-executable file.

You'd want to try $ less /etc/syslog.conf instead.

Hope that helps, but you might have a long long int road to walk before you... good luck.

Back