OFFICIAL Girlfriend Survey NOV 2010: girlfriendyes=1 OR 0

Crivens said:
Last year, I upgraded from Girlfriend to Wife. She knows the handbook better than me.

Then, this year, we were doing the update from mariage to family.
Two weeks ago, our dream imploded. Sorry if I kill the mood/thread, but I can't help it now :(

I'll be off to the child IC unit in some minutes, looking trough the glass at the only one left, reading stories to him, telling him about his brother and sister who died in our arms. Seeing him makes us happy, seeing him in pain cuts like a rusty knife in the heart.

We are unconsolable, so please do not try.

Regarding the GF problem - you need to look in the right places. It took both of us years to find each other, and we are happy we did find us. We understand each other without words. Such persons exist, go and search for them. Do not try to sit somewhere and wait.
And do not be afraid.

Sorry to hear this. I know you can't be consoled. Before we meet, my wife lost her daughter at 3 months. She was born 2 days after Christmas and died two before my wifes birthday.

With our daughter who is now 13, we sent night sleeping with her in the hospital on two occasions.

I hope eveything pulls through for you son.

GF beta eventually became GF 2.0, which is an alias for Wife... shared some source code and produced spawn RC 1. Now 18 mos old - life is good. Wife will even play Left4Dead with me... she has a Mac as well. She largely ignores the servers in the basement, although the little one has a tendency to touch buttons - esp. the ones on the UPSes.

I think all the guys on our IT Team at work are either married or have girlfriends - geeks usu. make good money - girls like money.

Last girlfriend I had was a stripp^W errr 'exotic dancer' and lingerie model. Sounds really cool but lets just say she didn't have a full deck, or all her marbles. Mad as a hatter.

I'm sticking with hookers now. Sure it'll cost me money, dates/girlfriends do too, but at least I'm guaranteed to get laid :e

SirDice said:
I'm sticking with hookers now. Sure it'll cost me money, dates/girlfriends do too, but at least I'm guaranteed to get laid :e

lol. Reminds me of a pall I have in the UK. Every once in a while he excuses himself from the IM client because "mr. green" or "ms. yellow" show up LOL. funny guy.

Well my GF left me she said because I was always on the computer and I never want to go anywhere, which is BS because I always took her places. We were out once per week, not including movies at the house and stuff. I work a full time job (40+ hours) and I'm trying to get some certifications (LPIC, MSCE, Networking+) so I'm on the computer practicing and doing research. Ridiculous woman. Dollar for dollar, women suck time better than wormholes.

Just got engaged this past Sept; wish me luck!

shore-amanda-1.jpg

^financee ;)

chavez243ca said:
I think all the guys on our IT Team at work are either married or have girlfriends - geeks usu. make good money - girls like money.

Girls like confidence.

Last year, I had little confidence, but had a good paying job for someone my age (I made more than some of my engineer friends).

This year, I have no job, and am taking two courses, one of which I am failing, but I have plenty of confidence. Now, girls throw themselves at me. I don't even do my hair anymore and I wear the same clothes two days in a row sometimes.

Want a woman? Be a MAN. Don't just act confident, BE confident. Exude confidence from your pores.

Not only that, STOP looking for a woman. Women can spot the "predators", guys that are noticeably on the prowl.

You want to impress someone? Just be yourself, have fun with your mates and for heaven's sake, STOP STARING AT EVERY PIECE OF TAIL!

This thread moved from funny thread about girls, to:
"HOWTO $ fetch girls%20if%20u%20r%20geek" ... Shouldn't it be moved to HOWTO section?

SirDice said:
Not only that, STOP looking for a woman. Women can spot the "predators", guys that are noticeably on the prowl.

You want to impress someone? Just be yourself, have fun with your mates and for heaven's sake, STOP STARING AT EVERY PIECE OF TAIL!

And put down the man-purse!

I think it belongs in General, because I've never seen so many generalizations ... I think all stereotypes are present and accounted for.

killasmurf86 said:
The girlfriends have one big bug: they consume enormous time (anyone have patch for this?)
Lockfile, so now you probably have lots of time to hack FreeBSD :)

Hahaha +1

P.S: If someone has that patch please give it to us!

Back