OFFICIAL Girlfriend Survey NOV 2010: girlfriendyes=1 OR 0

Yes this is the official thread for surveying if you have a girlfriend. I just recently split with my GF. So for me girlfriendyes=0. The general view is that geeks don't have girlfriends, I think that's off. I've had 2 so far :)

killasmurf86 said:
The girlfriends have one big bug: they consume enormous time (anyone have patch for this?)
Lockfile, so now you probably have lots of time to hack FreeBSD :)

I do toally agree with you ;)

You should try guys. They come with their own sets of issues.

Adam (firmly in the "girls are only good for friends" camp)

roddierod said:
Try having a wife, kids and grand kids...

Same here, oh and the the comments you get when you even go near the computer. What's the longest you've been in the doghouse Roddierod? Ever wish you could clone yourself?

I'd like to put a bug request/report in guys.

Code:
Female Version 1986

Some of the problems i'm having include:

+ Massive usage of system resources, time etc
+ The "female" process seems to want to do alot of "read" I/O but not much write I/O
+ Seems to crash other processes like watching_thegame & doing_stuff_i_wannado
+ Believes that being nice in real life actually means she deserves more priority
+ process is very tempramental im not sure this is software - maybe a hardware bug?
+ When i try to call for a fork() the process only seems to do so on oft ocassions

... Can we get someone to please look at this ASAP :beergrin

I have a girlfriend. She has endured 5 years of me babbling about Freebsd UNIX, c pointers and data structures, bourne shell scripting, ruby introspective programming.

I consider myself one of the lucky ones =)

Girlfriend of 6 years and a 3 year old child. I still get time after work and family to have a play hacking around on my pc, but starting my degree in febuary so that time is gone :( .

What OS do you think our females are running?
I doubt it's Unix... Unix is stable, it never says NO, you can trust it... And it's simple to use and maintain.

Last year, I upgraded from Girlfriend to Wife. She knows the handbook better than me.

Then, this year, we were doing the update from mariage to family.
Two weeks ago, our dream imploded. Sorry if I kill the mood/thread, but I can't help it now :(

I'll be off to the child IC unit in some minutes, looking trough the glass at the only one left, reading stories to him, telling him about his brother and sister who died in our arms. Seeing him makes us happy, seeing him in pain cuts like a rusty knife in the heart.

We are unconsolable, so please do not try.

Regarding the GF problem - you need to look in the right places. It took both of us years to find each other, and we are happy we did find us. We understand each other without words. Such persons exist, go and search for them. Do not try to sit somewhere and wait.
And do not be afraid.

UNIXgod said:
I have a girlfriend. She has endured 5 years of me babbling about Freebsd UNIX, c pointers and data structures, bourne shell scripting, ruby introspective programming.

What do you inflate her with? :e

She has endured 5 years of me babbling about Freebsd UNIX, c pointers and data structures, bourne shell scripting, ruby introspective programming
oh. holy. carp.
Did you find her on the freebsd mailing list? :)

nekoexmachina said:
oh. holy. carp.
Did you find her on the freebsd mailing list? :)

I met her at the local pub. And no I didn't try to pick her up with explaining to her the finer points of awk programming. (That of course comes with time) :e

She's a former banker who now works in fraud prevention.

Pushrod said:
What do you inflate her with? :e
Yo Mamma! I inflate her with yo mamma! �e
tar -xzvf prMamma.tar.gz

rbelk said:
Same here, oh and the the comments you get when you even go near the computer. What's the longest you've been in the doghouse Roddierod? Ever wish you could clone yourself?

You mean "are you on that computer again?"..."Ah, no."

Always in the doghouse...I just get time off for good behavior.

UNIXgod said:

My wife never touch a PC before we meet (about 18 years ago), now she call handle the neighbors Windows problems and installs...saving me many headaches! And every once and awhile she'll totally surprises me by off the cuff conversation about binary code or knowing that Cristiano Ronaldo plays for Real Madrid or Carles Puyol plays for Barcelona - even if she does have to refer to them as "Pretty Boy" and "Sammy Hagar".

Back