NVIDIA GeForce 320M: No devices connected / No screens found

Hi, your specs seem really close to mine. I am running FreeBSD 13 and Nvidia 220M (laptop, no integrated GPU, just nvidia. Legacy BIOS, MBR) with 340 driver from pkg. Nvidia 320M should be fine with 340 driver too I think. When I was installing xorg and nvidia-driver, X won't start either until I installed nvidia-xconfig and generated xorg.conf. I don't need BusID either, this is the section in /etc/X11/xorg.conf :

Code:
Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    Option         "NoLogo" "true"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
EndSection

My /etc/X11/rc.conf :

Code:
zfs_enable="YES"
hostname="freebsd.asus"
wlans_ath0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA SYNCDHCP"
dbus_enable="YES"
lightdm_enable="YES"
kld_list="nvidia fusefs acpi_asus acpi_asus_wmi acpi_video"
#ifconfig_alc0="DHCP"
clear_tmp_enable="YES"
clear_tmp_X="YES"
sendmail_enable="NO"
sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"
dumpdev="AUTO"
rc_startmsgs="NO"
background_dhclient="YES"
sshd_enable="YES"
moused_enable="YES"
powerd_enable="YES"
syslogd_flags="-ss"
I am hoping that the OP can extract something out of our configs that gets him to the root of the problem. I know on my PC I had to do some serious messing about to get my Nvidia card working properly but I did eventually get there. I do know the last step that magically fixed everything involved removing a load of config files. I thought I had removed all them altogether but I have realised I do still have one very short config file hanging around which appears to be more important than I remembered...

If I remember it correctly, mine worked as soon as I add nvidia to kld_list, the rest was all added later by me.
I am hoping that the OP can extract something out of our configs that gets him to the root of the problem. I know on my PC I had to do some serious messing about to get my Nvidia card working properly but I did eventually get there.

In some Macbook's cases it's a problem with UEFI | PCI-express registers. I tried installing FreeBSD 12/13 on my old mid-2010 MacBook Pro (7,1). Followed guide from https://askubuntu.com/questions/264...i-on-mac-to-prevent-overheating/613573#613573 and even set these registers (using pciconf) before loading nvidia driver - no luck. Eventually I gave up and sold this machine. I suspect someone more experienced in FreeBSD internals can find the way, maybe some some changes are required at boot level or kernel source.

Back