Note-taking application for CLI?

Hello people,

One thing I am missing is a note-taking application on the command line. Something like a slim CLI version of "keep note", minus the formatting stuff. It doesn't have to be a poor man's MS OneNote. In my dreams it looks a bit like mutt with the sidebar patch. Does someone know a CLI program that makes life a bit more comfortable than simply vi with a folder structure?

Thanks,
Sascha

I like to use ee or editors/nano for those things, though there might be something better out there that I haven't seen yet. I would be interested in your findings.:)

Unfortunately there isn't much available. Quite some time ago I used to keep a note application around on Linux which could also utilize a MySQL backend database, but unfortunately I forgot its name.

Also because at some point it started to get issues with more modern MySQL versions, eventually leaving me with a database and no application to easily access it. Quite an annoyance.

There is deskutils/tnote which might do the trick for you.

Thanks so far people! Sadly that's not much of a help - but how could it be if there isn't something.
deskutils/tnote looks nice, not quite what I was hoping for, but I give it a try.

Back