not recognized PCI-X network cards

Hi,

I have a setup with three Intel 1000/GT quad port network cards in a HP Proliant 380G4 server. My problem is that FreeBSD can only detect one of them. Pciconf tells me that there are only four network interfaces in one PCI slot.

I tried to assign exclusive IRQ's in the Firmware but this didn't helped (and I think it is not needed anymore).

I've attached a pciconf -lvbc output and a dmesg output.
I tried 7.2 and I'm downloading 8.0RC1 now to try that instead.

Has anyone a similar setup or can give me a hint about kernel/sysctl configuration options that may help in this case?

Thanks a lot.
Tom

Attachments

• pciconf-lbvc.txt
    11.5 KB · Views: 231
  • dmesg.txt
    9.7 KB · Views: 221
It's not a driver issue. The BIOS isn't presenting the hardware to the operating system. I'd suspect the PCI-X slots aren't configured properly in the system BIOS, or perhaps they aren't all meant to be utilized at once. I had some machines with very odd PCI-X configurations in them, such as slots that would run at 100mhz instead of 133 if other slots were populated.

Some years ago we had such a configuration (same server type, maybe with other network cards, but also quad port with Intel chip) running, but with Checkpoint (Linux). I tried Linux and there it worked so I assumed a problem in the software, but I don't know what hacks the Linux guys made to get that working.

Back