no sound with audigy se

Oko said:
Are you getting sound from Audigy SE or from the built in Intel chip-set?

It is very possible that they changed the chip-set on the audio card or that the driver has bugs. Try the latest snapshot from the Open Sound System web-site. You can also try to post a message on their forum and ask for the help.

As I said in one of my previous messages, your build in audio should work with hnd driver from the OSS in the base of the system.

i downloaded one of the ones from the website but maybe i got the wrong one. and as I SAID in 2 of my previous posts the built in audio card SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK

it's been broken since i bought the motherboard.

It's disabled anyways.

wonslung said:
it's been broken since i bought the motherboard.

It's disabled anyways.

Does it mean that your hardware is damaged? Build in audio card and new audio card will use the same south-bridge and some irq settings. That is why you would have to disable build in audio even if it works. Also disable plug and play option in BIOS.

Oko said:
Does it mean that your hardware is damaged? Build in audio card and new audio card will use the same south-bridge and some irq settings. That is why you would have to disable build in audio even if it works. Also disable plug and play option in BIOS.

all i know is i got the motherboard as a closeout deal. I build computers. I originally bought a bunch of them and the cost was so little that it wasn't worth rma'ing the board. So i kept it for one of my personal machines instead of selling something i knew to be faulty. It never worked, don't ask me why, it happens from time to time.
I'm well aware that it's part of the southbridge. It didn't work in windows, it didn't work in linux and it doesn't work in FreeBSD. This is why i originally threw the old audigy card in the computer to begin with.

please believe me when i say it is not functional.

Back