No sound through speakers Lenovo Legion 5PI

cmick

I can hear sound if I plugin headphones to the audio combination jack, though I am unable to hear sound through the speakers.
I am quite new to FreeBSD so I may require some prompting on posting the correct diagnostic information. To get started, I am providing the following:

Bash:
freebsd-version
13.0-RELEASE-p2

uname -a
FreeBSD FreeBSDLegion.local 13.0-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 13.0-RELEASE-p1 #0: Wed May 26 22:15:09 UTC 2021     root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/sys/GENERIC  amd64

Bash:
cat /dev/sndstat
Installed devices:
pcm0: <NVIDIA (0x0093) (HDMI/DP 8ch)> (play)
pcm1: <NVIDIA (0x0093) (HDMI/DP 8ch)> (play)
pcm2: <Realtek ALC257 (Analog)> (play/rec) default
pcm3: <Realtek ALC257 (Right Analog Mic)> (rec)
No devices installed from userspace.

sysctl hw.snd.default_unit
hw.snd.default_unit: 2

If it's relevant, I have the GPU set to to output as DISCRETE in BIOS, with Xorg and XFCE installed and working.
No external monitors are plugged in or used.

OP
C

cmick

Please post the output of sysctl dev.hdaa
I wound up installing a different OS for the time being.

I'll try again next release of FreeBSD and open another post if I run into any issues.

This post can be closed.

Trihexagonal

Son of Beastie

I wound up installing a different OS for the time being.

I'll try again next release of FreeBSD and open another post if I run into any issues.
You made your 1st post and gave up before you even got an answer. Did you even check to see if your keypad volume was turned down?

That's not at all what we like to see, but not everyone is cut out to use FreeBSD. Nobody else in my family can even follow my tutorial and I don't know anyone who uses it outside these forums..

If that's all the determination you have then you probably made the right decision and saved yourself a lot of trouble.