No power at USB

So this might be strange post but FreeBSD disconnects my usb ports from power.
So as im tinker and like to overcomplicate a lot i decided to make usage of old chromebook which i've bought.
I installed MrChromebox custom firmware and succesfully booted and setup my beloved arch linux (I USE ARCH BTW :) ). Evrythink worked fine but as i don't need another working machine just something to toy with i decided to ditch GNU shackles and install FreeBSD (i have used it for a while in the past). First issue i have encoutered that for some reason after booting to loader FreeBSD disconnected my usbs. I 've tested them for power and there wasn't any so it looked like it disabled whole USB hub. Weird but i grabbed SD card which didn't disconnected and installed FreeBSD 14. Eveyrhitnk worked beside USB ports which still wasn't even powered on beside dmesg returning information about 7 removable ports and loaded xhci (my laptop only has 2 usb ports, one usb 2.0 and one usb 3.0). I simply reinstalled system with freebsd 15 latest main branch and everythink worked.. excluding USB. So what i know: FreeBSD prolly don't detect MY usb ports and returns in dmesg something else or its my ports but falsly recognized. Linux dont have this issue so ports are working (i tested them). I'm running on GENERIC kernel.

TLDR:
USB ports dont have power, tested on freebsd 14 and 15. On linux ports work. Dmesg return 7 ports instead of 2. usbconfig reset still return 7 ports (on my machine there are 2 ports, 1 usb 2.0 and one usb 3.0). Tested with leds on freebsd the is no voltage applied at usb. Machine is custom firmware (MrChromebox) chromebook (linux works thine and everythink else beside USB too on bsd). XHCI is loaded and simingly used as i can see in dmesg.

Which Chromebook is it?
dell 3120 and after run with hw.usb.xhci.debug i've seen endlesly repeated message usbd_do_requests_flags : Handle Request function is set. it repeats this message infinitly also as i have meassured again and there is power in USB ports but there is no interrupt generated (as i think) when i insert anythink there because i see that voltage goes but there isn't anythink showed in dmesg. Sometimes in between usbd messages i can see xhci_set_hw_power. In usbconfig i tried to power_on the only devicei see manually but i get "could not set power ON: Invalid argument. In /dev/usb/ i see two devices so it recognizes that there are 2 ports but EVEN when usb is plugged in i get "error input/output". I have read that input/output is raised when there is no device which confirms to me that no interrupt is called when usb is plugged.

EDIT: I also found that there is once generated error by usbd_set_config_index: error=USB_ERR_NORMAL_COMPLETION
I also lost internet connection because ifconfig return that device is not configured when creating wlan. (SIOCIFCREATE2) and i checked net.wlan.devices and there is nothing hmmm. Maybe this is some PCI driver issue. I wanted to paste here my dmesg but i cant do it without connection.

I have built world with diasbled smbios and disabled old freebsd support (except freebsd14) and suddenly wifi works again but still no usb. But with WiFi i can place here my dmesg logs.

Attachments

• file.txt
    48.1 KB · Views: 42
Back