Solved No packages available for armv7? 32 and 64-bit modes?

I noticed that on the package server there is armv6, which is what 12-CURRENT previously used for Raspberry Pi 2, and there is aarch64 for the Raspberry Pi 3 in 64-bit mode.

I don't see any packages available for armv7. Is that correct? I finished cross-building XFCE4 after about a week but it was for armv6 since I did not realize that 12-CURRENT had transitioned from armv6 to armv7. I am going to start building kde-workspace for armv7 now since that is what I need anyway.

Another question is if you wanted to run the Raspberry Pi 3 in 32-bit mode could you use the Pi 2 armv7 image?

A final question is if you wanted to run the Pi 2 v1.2 (64 bit core) in 64-bit mode could you use the Pi 3 aarch64 image?

I should mention that Pi2v1.2 with RPi3 image does look like the lights onboard are flashing but nothing via HDMI.
There could be something working on the console. I didn't dig very deep.

Pi3 will not boot on 32 bit FreeBSD images. I know there is some compatibility mode that Linux uses.

That is good information about the Pi version situation.

Being able to use the armv6 packages opens up a new avenue for me. Has anyone used the kde-workspace metapackage? I plan to build on top of that if it will work.

This page shows HDMI support for Pi 2 v1.2 which confused me and I was going to ask about also: https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/arm/Raspberry Pi. I did notice from my own testing, as you said, that HDMI does not work with Pi 2 v1.2.

I might as well put this out there but the status lights, both power and sdcard are not working on my Pi 2 v1.1 models either. I can't remember if my lights worked on the v1.2 or not.

Finally, I wonder if the warning icons, such as the lightning bolt are functioning correctly? I have not seen them and have had some questionable power supplies hooked up.

both power and sdcard are not working on my Pi 2 v1.1 models either.
This is the way all the Arm builds work. The lights are on until the dtb takes over and it uses a mechanism called gpioled. It is off by default so you can manipulate the LED's with gpioctl for a custom blinky pattern. It is an easy way to learn gpio pins without burning anything up.
You can assign the LED's to gpioled and have normal PowerOn green and disk activity red function.
https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=gpioled

Back