No more wifi for me I guess

I upgraded to 15.1 from 15.0 (rtw88 worked, not well but it worked) some months ago and of course rtw88 drivers don't work. Found wifibox and everything worked great until yesterday when I upgraded to wifibox-1.9.0 (yes, it was properly set up, no configs were changed). I thought there was a problem with my ISP, but trying to connect to my phone's hotspot also did not work. It got stuck at DHCPDISCOVER... then failed with no DHCP offers found. Now I can no longer connect to wifi. A solution might be to downgrade but I think I'm done with the fidgeting. I want to turn on my laptop and work not hope it works after every pkg upgrade. Wifi drivers have been a problem for me since freebsd 13. I'm not asking for a duct tape solution (getting another wifi card/dongle) but a solid fix. Are there any wifibox alternatives?
 
I'm not asking for a duct tape solution (getting another wifi card/dongle) but a solid fix.
Purchasing working (e.g. stable) hardware for a couple of bucks is the solid fix (especially compared to wifibox. Its nifty but hardly resilient).

By the time you posted and read this reply, you could have ordered it and had it delivered. Yes, perhaps less satisfying but you will never find an OS with hardware support for everything under the sun.

In your laptop, what slot does your Realtek card go into? Maybe USB isn't the only option as a replacement. Of course that is once you have exhausted all other attempts to get the rtw88(4) working e.g. by posting kernel logs for debugging.
 
You have to get the wifi connection up step-wise to find out where the problem happens. It looks like you're trying some UI configuration without knowing what it really does. Is the device visible in pciconf -lv?
 
Back
Top