NO DISPLAY OR SCREENS FOUND

I just installed FreeBSD RELEASE 11.3 r349754 on a 32 bit Intel Dual core CPU ,300 GB HD. I am having problems with my NVIDIA video card. I have read the FreeBSD documentation and made a display conf. file following the format laid out in same. I placed all my xorg conf. files in the following directory, /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/. I have a NVIDIAvideo card (GeForce GT 610. Everything is detected during boot. Yet when I run startx I receive the following errors in the log file:

EE No devices Detected
EE Fatal server errors found
EE No screens found

Any help would be appericated.

TX,
redbandit2359

- Execute pkg install nvidia-driver-390
- Create xorg driver configuration file: /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/nvidia-driver.conf, set:
Code:
Section “Device”
        Identifier “Card0”
        Driver “nvidia”
EndSection

- Edit /etc/rc.conf , add:
Code:
kld_list=“nvidia-modeset”

- make sure the users are in the video or wheel group

- reboot

Doc: 5.4. Xorg Configuration

Note: You get sound over the nvidia card only when in xorg.

- Execute pkg install nvidia-driver-390
- Create xorg driver configuration file: /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/nvidia-driver.conf, set:
Code:
Section “Device”
        Identifier “Card0”
        Driver “nvidia”
EndSection

- Edit /etc/rc.conf , add:
Code:
kld_list=“nvidia-modeset”

- make sure the users are in the video or wheel group

- reboot

Doc: 5.4. Xorg Configuration

Note: You get sound over the nvidia card only when in xorg.

I ran the line "pkg install nvidia-driver-390".
My nvidia-driver.conf file is as follows:
Section "Device"
Identifier "Card0"
Driver "nvidia"
BusID "PCI:0:4:0:0"

I added "kld_list="nvidia-modeset" to my rc.conf file.
I attached my log file in case it may help. I get the same error message when I run "startx" as a user, yes the user is in the video group.

Attachments

• Xorg.0.conf
    3.6 KB · Views: 110
Hi I removed the line, "BusID PCI:0:4:0:0", then rebooted. I was surprised to see a colored two line box for login. Plus a smaller window of a terminal. I tried all combinations of the personnel assigned to this machine to login. When that did not work I TRIED TO break out of the login screen. That did not work nor did Ctrl+Alt+Delete. I had to power down then power back on. Even going to single user did not work. After many hours of trying all that I know, which is not much, I am setting out to reinstall and start over. I will return when that is finished. I will let you know one way or the other how I made out. Thanks for your help.

Bandit2359

Back