Solved Newest Nvidia driver issue

My video adapter in this computer is a relatively new GTX-1050TI type. According to Nvidia, the latest "Linux" driver is NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-440.44.run which covers my adapter. So, what the heck is a file-type of "run"? How do I use this thing....or do I? The ports do not have such a file. The latest one there is -390.

Ken Gordon

I am pretty sure with the 1050 that you can use the latest FreeBSD Nvidia driver (package) with no issues. I don't use Nvidia but plenty of folks here do so can better advise you on this. There are some set up things you have to do (enable Linux support) and I "think" you have to have the kernel source installed but I could be wrong.

Might want to wait for someone that knows what they are talking about to answer 🤣

Well, using the -390 driver and making all the necessary edits (and fixing my usual fat-finger errors) works. I guess for now I'll just leave it alone.

Gee...:what:

Ken Gordon

I deleted the -390 package and installed the new one. Everything is working perfectly. Thank you all for the help.

Ken Gordon

Back