Newbie Question

If I do this;

home0# pkg_add -r cups

and get the following;
Code:
Fetching [url]ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-7.1-release/Latest/cups.tbz[/url]... Done.
pkg_add: warning: package 'cups-1.3.9' requires 'tiff-3.8.2_2', but 'tiff-3.8.2_3' is installed
pkg_add: warning: package 'cups-1.3.9' requires 'ghostscript8-8.62_5', but 'ghostscript8-8.64_1' is installed
pkg_add: warning: package 'cups-1.3.9' requires 'libgpg-error-1.6_1', but 'libgpg-error-1.7' is installed
pkg_add: warning: package 'cups-1.3.9' requires 'libgcrypt-1.4.1_1', but 'libgcrypt-1.4.4' is installed
pkg_add: warning: package 'cups-1.3.9' requires 'gnutls-2.4.2_1', but 'gnutls-2.6.4' is installed
pkg_add: warning: package 'cups-1.3.9' requires 'cups-base-1.3.9_2', but 'cups-base-1.3.9_3' is installed

======================================================================

CUPS is now installed.

Please read the documentation in %%PREFIX%%/share/doc/cups/ for information
on how to set up your printer to use CUPS. Basic template configuration files
have been installed in %%PREFIX%%/etc/cups/

======================================================================

Do I need to uninstall the new packages and install the older specified one to get CUPS (or any other app with the same situation) to work?

Thanks

It means you're probably mixing ports and packages. Your ports are more up to date then the package you're installing.

It's only a warning though. Looking at the versions it's only some minor differences and it'll probably work fine.

Back