New user Need Help

Hello Dear FreeBSD Guru's ~ I Glad To Be Here ~ I'm New Unix User FreeBSD I Tried For one week in virtualbox but now i want to install FreeBSD to be as default desktop on my laptop
i use Linux two year's ago , ubuntu , debian , fedora , slackware ,

but one thing i want to know about it can i install openbox ? or old gnome (Gnome2 Not Gnome3) Can any One Give Some Links Before That ~ Also Can I Programming Under GPL Licenses ?
Using FreeBSD ~ & My English Is Not Good Much For Give Me ~ :)

CodeMonkey said:
Can i install enlightenment ? Please ~
# atheist --mode=enlightenment:p:p:p
On a more serious note though: yes, Enlightenment is in ports: x11-wm/enlightenment. Install FreeBSD, install X (see the handbook), then install Enlightenment.

It's a bit too resource-hungry for my taste, but I know it looks good and even works. I've used it in the past.

Good luck,

Fonz

CodeMonkey said:
i hear gnome will not support in bsd soon ? are this true ?

No, that's not true. There are however features in the new Gnome that will not work. This is mainly due to Gnome's dependency on the Linux specific udev.

fonz said:
# atheist --mode=enlightenment:p:p:p
On a more serious note though: yes, Enlightenment is in ports: x11-wm/enlightenment. Install FreeBSD, install X (see the handbook), then install Enlightenment.

It's a bit too resource-hungry for my taste, but I know it looks good and even works. I've used it in the past.

Good luck,

Fonz
Well, it seems that the composite module cannot be loaded on Enlightenment, which means we aren't able to enjoy true transparency and shadow now. :)

YZMSQ said:
Well, it seems that the composite module cannot be loaded on Enlightenment, which means we aren't able to enjoy true transparency and shadow now. :)
Aawww... But can you at least fake it? :beergrin

Fonz (not having used E for a while now)

fonz said:
Aawww... But can you at least fake it? :beergrin

Fonz (not having used E for a while now)
So, I tried E17 several days ago with the following errors shown when I try to load the "composite" module:

Code:
Your X Display does not support the XComposite extension or Ecore was built without XComposite support. Note 
that for composite support you will also need XRender and XFixes support in X11 and Ecore.

However, I can enjoy composite effect in Xfce and KDE without any problem yet.:beer

Back