Network failure while installing port

Hello all,
first of all I'm a newbie so please sorry if I ask stupid questions.

I was connected with putty by my notebook via wifi to my bsd box and I was installing a port (/usr/port/net/serviio) using make install clean while my home network went down.
First I loose the external connection and I realize it because the install stopped while it was downloading something, then I loose the wifi so the putty session went out.

After that I restarted my home router but I don't know what is going on in the bsd box because the new putty session doesn't show me anything about.

I think that the whole down has taken something like no more than 1 or 2 minutes.

What can I do? May I simply restart the install process?

If I type top -P, it doesn't seem to happen anything, the CPU si working for no more than 1-2%.

Thanks a lot for your help.

The build stopped when you were disconnected. Any dependencies that were installed won't have to be reinstalled, but you should clean out the partial build before restarting.
# cd /usr/ports/net/serviio
# make clean
# make install clean

Tip: install sysutils/tmux and use that whenever you need to perform work when logged in over SSH. At least you can reattach to a lost session (which won't interrupt any work being done).

Thank you for the tip, I'll try Tmux. Anyway the second time I started the installation process by the terminal inside a vnc session.

Back