Netflix?

That sounds about as easy as running entire Firefox under Linuxulator (btw, anybody tried that?):
Code:
% ldd /usr/local/lib/firefox/plugin-container
/usr/local/lib/firefox/plugin-container:
    libxul.so => not found (0) # <-- important part
    libdl.so.1 => /usr/lib/libdl.so.1 (0x8006a3000)
    libc++.so.1 => /usr/lib/libc++.so.1 (0x8006a7000)
    libcxxrt.so.1 => /lib/libcxxrt.so.1 (0x800776000)
    libm.so.5 => /lib/libm.so.5 (0x800797000)
    libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x8007c9000)
    libthr.so.3 => /lib/libthr.so.3 (0x800e00000)
    libc.so.7 => /lib/libc.so.7 (0x800248000)

I won't post there libxul dependency list, but it is positively huge.

Shouldn't it be possible to run Google Chrome for Linux under FreeBSD with Linux compatibility? Assuming of course, you don't mind having your Netflix choices tracked...

Theoretically, but..
You will need "offline installer" first. It needs some digging because by default Google is offering "mini-installer" downloading installation files from Internet. Then, finding suitable offline installers, you'll find out that Chrome version, which would run on C6 is awfully old. I haven't tested but Netflix would likely complain about upgrading the browser. Newer offline installers would run on Centos 7 packages supported by FreeBSD but.. Chrome needs hell of a lot of packages as dependencies. You'll end up browsing Centos 7 package repository and downloading files manually, trying to run the rpm's, constantly find you need some more packages, and repeat. I've tried few times but gave up after pulling in by hand over a 50 Centos 7 packages. I suspect it would take downloading most of the base distro worth of C7 packages to satisfy Google Chrome Linux installer.

Back