Need Feedback to stay on FreeBSD or not

Hey all,

I don't want to beat a dead horse but i would like some feedback..

My Chromebook/laptop needs sof-firmware to work and none of the BSD's have it so i have a decision to make.

Should i stay on any BSD or go back to Linux where sound works perfect on all distro's..

FreeBSD is my ultimate stop where i won't distro hop anymore but i really want sound..

USB audio works fine not taking away from that but i like speakers.

Question is do speakers really matter that much when using a distro ? should i move to another distro/os because one thing doesn't work?

The way i use my laptop Daily driver is I'm at home all the time and i do chores and work around the house.. i like music so i like keeping my laptop open and play music through Speakers but i can't.. For now i'm using on bluetooth on my phone and playing from that..

Should i just keep that up or what ?

Thanks

Asking these types of questions to the broader public internet is almost always useless.
Do what you want to do. Think for yourself. Decide for yourself.

Nobody here will be able to answer questions like: "Do speakers really matter that much?" because everyone here will have a different reason/answer.
I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 carbon gen 9 for like 4 or 5 years now without working speakers. But my reasons, requirements and tradeoffs are likely different from yours.

Sell the chromebook and get a cheap ThinkPad?

For many users, the operating system is more important than the hardware IMO.

In around 5 years, chances are you won't even remember that chromebook. So why struggle with it today?

Asking these types of questions to the broader public internet is almost always useless.
Do what you want to do. Think for yourself. Decide for yourself.

Nobody here will be able to answer questions like: "Do speakers really matter that much?" because everyone here will have a different reason/answer.
I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 carbon gen 9 for like 4 or 5 years now without working speakers. But my reasons, requirements and tradeoffs are likely different from yours.
Thanks for the reply.

This is exactly what i was looking for.. you have a laptop that you still use without speakers.. Probably a dongle.. I was wondering if speakers would be a deal breaker for people.

Back