N-Way Multi-Master Replication - OpenLDAP

Hi, You know, I wondered whether to write this post, because you asked for explanation, step by step the replication issues. Personally I think that the official handbook is the best source of information. Of course, I realize that it can be also confusing. I'll try to give you some interesting links that, I hope, will help you with the implementation of replication.

The OpenLDAP N-WAY Multi-Master mode uses syncrepl to replicate data to multiple provider. Supports various topologies. The results (and structure) can be very complicated, but of course, You can have more problems than benefits. It also looks like that every client, in some way, is a provider for the others servers. I mean members of these servers. Each server must have assigned a unique id. I think that in whole process the most important thing will be the slapd.conf file. So let's look;

I think you should also pay attention to the version of OpenLDAP. This seems important because of changes in subsequent editions OpenLDAP Release changes. From what I know, OpenLDAP 2.4 has support for multi-master replication using syncrepl.

Back