mysql57 does not build with ssl error

Trying to build databases/mysql57-client gives an error about base ssl.
Code:
[ 65%] Linking C static library libmysqlclient.a
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libssl.a(ssl_err.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a loc
al symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/lib/libssl.a: could not read symbols: Bad value

Is it me or something?

Not mine, I'm still at 10.3-RELEASE - haven't upgraded to p1 or p2 yet. Just tried the same on bare OS (i.e. not inside a jail), and the same thing happens when trying to build databases/mariadb100-client version 10.0.25.
After upgrading from 10.2 to 10.3 I rebuilt all ports, including mariadb100-client-10.0.23, without any issues.

The only irregularity I can think of is that my world is built without profiled libraries ( WITHOUT_PROFILE is set in src.conf(5)), otherwise it's pretty standard.

By the way, isn't it contradictory in databases/mysql57-server Makefile:
Code:
WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=yes
CMAKE_ARGS+=-DWITH_SSL=${OPENSSLBASE}
And (as with dns/bind910) it's not my favourable solution: to build OpenSSL from ports (and rebuild all dependent ports?)

No, that's not an error. OPENSSLBASE can be either /usr or ${LOCALBASE} depending on what has been set with WITH_OPENSSL_BASE or WITH_OPENSSL_PORT.

Having the same error on various ports on a freshly patched and updated 10.3-p2 system. I have neither WITH_OPENSSL_BASE or WITH_OPENSSL_PORT set.

Build just fine under poudriere testport, 10.3-RELEASE amd64 under VirtualBox. Ports tree is at revision @414981. I have WITH_OPENSSL_PORT set globally though.

Please try this:

- Fetch matching sources for your system if you don't already have from https://svn.freebsd.org/base/releng/10.3. Use svnlite co https://svn.freebsd.org/base/releng/10.3 /usr/src if you don't have the sources yet, svnlite up /usr/src if you do.

- Run # make -C /usr/src -D BATCH_DELETE_OLD_FILES delete-old delete-old-libs.

That should clean up any old files from the base system that might interfere with build of the port.

Tried this but still the same error from building databases/mariadb100-client:

Code:
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libssl.a(ssl_err.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/lib/libssl.a: could not read symbols: Bad value

Build just fine under poudriere testport, 10.3-RELEASE amd64 under VirtualBox. Ports tree is at revision @414981. I have WITH_OPENSSL_PORT set globally though.
It fails to build for me. But I don't have WITH_OPENSSL_PORT set.

So it looks like there's an issue with the base OpenSSL. Is there anyone with the same build issues on 10.2, 10.1 or 9.3? It may be specific to 10.3.

It fails to build for me. But I don't have WITH_OPENSSL_PORT set.

So it looks like there's an issue with the base OpenSSL. Is there anyone with the same build issues on 10.2, 10.1 or 9.3? It may be specific to 10.3.

Yep, I just created a new poudriere set with WITH_OPENSSL_BASE set and it fails the same way. Someone submit a PR.

Back