MySQL Innodb backups/restore?

Hi.

How are you dealing with the innodb backup process? My doubt is, if I follow the cool backups, I copy the files the manual say, suppose that we have 2 databases innodb engine.

Code:
db1
db2

Later I need to restore the data from yesterday for db1. How I can just recover the data for this database?

Any info will be appreciated.

Hi.

The manual say u you can use mysqldump but is not a warranty that will work for InnoDB, u you can lose data.

I use that command for MyISAM.

I've used mysqldump on some pretty big InnoDB databases for many years, we've never had an issue with it.

The information here seems to make reasonable sense.
http://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/ ... and-writes

(This sort of question seems more suited to DBA StackExchange than FreeBSD forums)

Regarding restoring just one DB, I tend to backup each database separately to dbname.sql, which makes this easy. If you only have a few databases that don't change often it's easy enough to just hard code your backup script to run mysqldump for each one. It's also possible to automatically get a list of databases. A few ways I've done this in the past is to either get the script to connect to MySQL and run show databases, or use the system ls command to get the contents of /var/db/mysql.

Back