Music…

None of the videos are showing up today. It was all working yesterday. Is it just me or is it everyone?
1626941280387.png

Look at the youtube videos embedded in the Spoon Lady's site, or Abby as I like to call her, I posted a link to the other day:

Those videos are visable, available and playable through her site because it is an approved site for those videos.

You guys might want to check on where you're connecting from... Just now, Geezer 's YT link worked just fine:
1626965354621.png

Some places actually have proxies that prohibit YT, because it can be a distraction just like FaceBook. There are stories on Internet about how people got fired over being on FaceBook during work - not because FB is a bad place, but because at work, you're supposed to pay attention to work, not FB. YT has no problems with bandwidth, but the proxies might. Not everybody who uses the proxy uses YT - but everybody's right to bandwidth needs to be respected, even if they don't use YT.

You guys might want to check on where you're connecting from... Just now, Geezer 's YT link worked just fine:
View attachment 10705
Some places actually have proxies that prohibit YT, because it can be a distraction just like FaceBook. There are stories on Internet about how people got fired over being on FaceBook during work - not because FB is a bad place, but because at work, you're supposed to pay attention to work, not FB. YT has no problems with bandwidth, but the proxies might. Not everybody who uses the proxy uses YT - but everybody's right to bandwidth needs to be respected, even if they don't use YT.
He cheated, check the caption of the image.

BTW, here's the problem.

To be honest, I was never wild about tags for embedded media pulling in actual YT content... That is full-blown XSS, which is not only a security headache, but is also awfully prone to bandwidth abuse. Geezer actually pointed to a great idea that addresses both problems, while maintaining the looks. After all, I was fooled until Menelkir pointed it out. So, going forward, I would actually propose that everyone do it the way Geezer and Vull have shown us...

There you go. Vull knows how to do it.

Now we have got this thread back on track.
I did a "clean room" swipe, thanks. xD
To be honest, I was never wild about tags for embedded media pulling in actual YT content... That is full-blown XSS, which is not only a security headache, but is also awfully prone to bandwidth abuse. Geezer actually pointed to a great idea that addresses both problems, while maintaining the looks. After all, I was fooled until Menelkir pointed it out. So, going forward, I would actually propose that everyone do it the way Geezer and Vull have shown us...
When and if the embeds start working again I'll be the first one to switch back. It's just so much easier and I'm lazy like that.

Wow this thread is getting very serious ...
I went to their show "May 24, 1997 - Belo Horizonte, Brazil" in the 'TYA on the road again' tour.
Wasnt expecting very much (though I knew it would probably be really good) as it happens usually with rock old farts trying to squeeze the lasting amount of their final career juice.

But then I can't explain with words what happened that night. It was totally incredibly such real energy and also wattage. I'm sure it was and to be the best rock concert I ever participate.
Alvin Lee said in his page it was the best show of the tour. Really I doubt being possible to make it better than that. R.I.P. Alvin Lee, thank you.

One of the few bands that live music is better than the studio versions.

Back