Music…

I like a lot of Rock, quite a bit of Pop, a fair amount of Country, etc. I am receptive to the Blues and some Jazz depending on mood. My interest in Classical mostly peters out in the early twentieth century (but I actually like Bach, Mozart and Beethoven).

In the last hour or so I've heard Adele, the Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Sheryl Crow, the Judds, Green Day, Clapton, Linda Ronstadt, Eden's Edge, Cat Stevens, Lady Gaga, the Beatles and Patty Loveless.

Electronic is probably my favorite genre although I listen to pretty much anything except country. You have forced me to run down the gamut of my favorite artists Here we go:

Aphex Twin
VNV Nation
Pink Floyd
The Cure
Tool
Smashing Pumpkins
A Perfect Circle
Chris Clark
Autechre
Kool Keith
DJ Premier/Gang Starr
Company Flow
Yes
Thom Yorke/Radiohead
Daft Punk
Royksopp
Wu Tang Clan
Kraftwerk
Korn
Modest Mouse
My Bloody Valentine
Mylo
Necro
Non Phixion
Frank Zappa

and so on, and so on, ad infinitum.

Mostly the music I grew up listening to.

Jimi Hendrix, Robin Trower, Blue Oyster Cult, Alice Cooper, Captain Beefheart, Frank Zappa, Led Zeppelin, Dread Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, ELP, KoRn, etc.

I discovered Bluegrass covers to some of those songs by artists like David West, Iron Horse, Hayseed Dixie and am into that too.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: mer
I like a little bit of almost anything. Something I've recently discovered about myself is that I enjoy fusions of different genres. There is a project underway at the moment called (if memory serves) Diztard, which invites pop/dance artists and metal artists to come together and perform songs together. The combination and energy is really quite striking.

A lot of the stuff I listen to know is whatever shows up on weloverocknpop.com or welovemetal.com as there is always something new coming down the pipe in the music scene.

Being that I'm just a "dumb ol' redneck" I like 60s-80s rock, including yes, the hairbands.. plus pretty much all country from the 1950s and up. I like some R&B as well, though mostly the old-school stuff, like Run DMC etc.. I -can- listen to pretty much anything without it "bothering" me, so to speak, tho some of the newer pop/top40 stuff makes me want to stick screwdrivers in my ears to shatter my ear drums.. Dubstep has that affect on me as well.. Anything else I can listen to.. :)

I dabble in a few miscellaneous songs and artists from time to time. My sociology teacher back in h.s was a huge bluebrass fan. Not my cup of tea, but it definitely kept him calm on his off days. In regards to dubstep, yeah Im kind of the same way, cant realy stand it. Its actually derived from drum and bass which I like (particularly liquid d&b). Like most things its the crappy mainstream derivative of something much better, but of course most know nothing about it because they like being handed b.s (e.g MacOSX vs. open-source..but anywho). But hey cmon guys, I know theres more of you out there, lets keep the topic rolling. Nobody listens to musis anymore lol?:p

GuillotinePartition said:
I dabble in a few miscellaneous songs and artists from time to time. My sociology teacher back in h.s was a huge bluebrass fan. Not my cup of tea, but it definitely kept him calm on his off days.

Some of the Bluegrass covers I referenced are actually pretty good. My favorites are the Pink Floyd covers by David West, like Goodbye Blue Sky, and can be found on youtube if you're interested. Some of it, like the AC-DC covers by Hayseed Dixie, are just funny to hear done in that style and can also be found on youtube.

There is a whole "Pickin' On" series covers of bands like The Rolling Stones. Jimmy Buffett, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Metallica, and The Grateful Dead.

David Lee Roth even gets in on the act with The John Jorgenson Bluegrass Band cover of Jamie's Crying.

Depends. O Rappa, Nação Zumbi , Todos tus Muertos, Brahms, Bach, Funkadelic, Black Flag, Angelique Kidjo, Afro-Celt Sound System, Flamenco,

Lot of percussion
samba
rap
jazz
techno
About anything that has a good beat.

Puccini, Tchaikovsky: clasic
Monk, Ruben Gonzales: jazz
Peter Tosh, Gregory Isaacs: reggae
Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy: blues
Jimmy Hendrix, Frank Zappa: rock
Laibach: search on web
and for ever Leonard Cohen and Kante Manfila
...and more...

f74c6ab66ba19d8fed6766922f4e1786.jpg

"We're going to hell for this one, Jake."

Lately: it has been called 'chill' music. House, trance, smooth jazz, light electronic instrumentals....

Originally: Step-mother played classical piano so: Bach, Beethoven, and Mozart. Tchaikovsky too.

I am pretty much all over the map..Yes, Beatles and Pink Floyd have a special place too!!

Mostly the music I grew up listening to.

Jimi Hendrix, Robin Trower, Blue Öyster Cult, Alice Cooper, Captain Beefheart, Frank Zappa, Led Zeppelin, Dread Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, ELP, KoЯn, etc.

I discovered Bluegrass covers to some of those songs by artists like David West, Iron Horse, Hayseed Dixie and am into that too.

http://www.last.fm/user/jitte

Don't eat that yellow snow, it could give you the dromadosis! You're obviously from the same era as I :)

Oldschool Hardstyle, Charging ;). ~2004-2008. At this moment:

- best remix ever.

And:
- after few years of fight, started when Bootloader was down -> Mint, Ubuntu, Debian, PC-BSD, FreeBSD. Impressive. Thanks.

Now, time for Android. ;-)

Back