Music…

It's still Friday here. :)

While Jamie Brockett no doubt took great liberty in1969 with 4:20 references in his cover of the Leadbelly classic The Titanic, the parts about not letting Jack Johnson on board are Leadbelly's recounting of what he says is a true story in his original song.

The Titanic lyrics

Cecilia Bartoli - Ah, non credea mirarti...Ah! non giunge
Amina's aria from La Sonnambula by Vincenzo Bellini

Btw, she is singing the Maria Malibran variations for Mezzo soprano.

..Fridays

EDIT: Trihexagonal: for Johnny and Edgar Winter Live at Northrup Auditorium on the Univ.
of Minnesota - Aug. 17, 1976 - ditto...wildest concert ...house pretty much down!

Last edited:

The Johnny Winter video at the top of the page is from 1984. He died in 2014 at the age of 70 and these videos were not long before that. The last one has an interview as part of it worth watching IMO, the first is slide acoustic. It's sad to see him in that condition after seeing him jump around on stage. Near the end when he performed he walked stooped over with people around him in case he fell and sat in a chair while he played.

But that's for Classic Rock Fridays. ;)

Johnny Winter - Highway 61

This is from 2007 when he wa 63. He looks bad, but demonstrates his ease playing slide.

This is him in 1974, a year after I saw him.

Trihexagonal: for Johnny and Edgar Winter Live at Northrup Auditorium on the Univ of Minnesota - Aug. 17, 1976 - ditto...wildest concert ...house pretty much down!

" I love to play the guitar. It's the only thing I've ever been great at." - Johnny Winter

My favorite quote of his. A true legend who played with legends, it never went to his head. There's no denying greatness.

Back