mpv-screen-recorder

When i want to start it i get:

Code:
mpv-screen-recorder:93425): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 22:11:47.194: Settings schema 'org.gtk.MpvScreenRecorder' is not installed
Trace/BPT trap (core dumped)

Dont forget then that both player and recorder have to use the same audio server.

Example: mpv + simple-screen-recorder= pulseaudio

When i want to start it i get:

Code:
mpv-screen-recorder:93425): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 22:11:47.194: Settings schema 'org.gtk.MpvScreenRecorder' is not installed
Trace/BPT trap (core dumped)
How did you install the app, please? Did you contact developer?
Thank you.

Thank you very much. I will try to contact author and ask for help. I have the same error as you.
I am using ports.

Hi!

I got the answer from the author of mpv-screen-recorder:

"
Hello,
First, make sure you have Dconf installed on your system.
Then try to build and install it with Meson. "

Can you add it, please?

During building i get:

Code:
[ 50% 1/2] /usr/local/bin/meson --internal msgfmthelper ../data/org.gtk.MpvScreenRecorder.desktop data/org.gtk.MpvScreenRecorder.desktop desktop ../data/../po
msgfmt: ../data/../po/LINGUAS does not exist

Please ask him (the dev) what is that issue.

During building i get:

Code:
[ 50% 1/2] /usr/local/bin/meson --internal msgfmthelper ../data/org.gtk.MpvScreenRecorder.desktop data/org.gtk.MpvScreenRecorder.desktop desktop ../data/../po

I did ask.

Any specific reason why you're deadset on this when we have already have at least two applications already ported offering screen capturing functionality (I haven't tested them personally)?

multimedia/simplescreenrecorder
multimedia/obs-studio

Any specific reason why you're deadset on this when we have already have at least two applications already ported offering screen capturing functionality (I haven't tested them personally)?

multimedia/simplescreenrecorder
multimedia/obs-studio
I am using multimedia/mpv and I never had and I do not want pulseaudio on my system.

During building i get:

Code:

The answer:
"Hello, Try removing "po" folder from source directory before build. It should not be included, but seems your Meson version does not honnor this. "

During building i get:

Code:

Do yo have any success with mpv-screen-recorder, please?

If you have mpv you should have ffmpeg, you can use this to record your screen, you can easily adjust it to use different video format, resolution, framerate, audio, etc.

Code:
ffmpeg -f oss -i /dev/dsp0.0 -f x11grab -r 24 -s 1920x1080 -i :0.0 output.mkv

Just remove -f oss -i /dev/dsp0.0 for no sound

I managed to run it.
Just run
Bash:
glib-compile-schemas /usr/local/share/glib-2.0/schemas/
I can make the port, just need to read the porter's handbook first.
It works without problem. I did built from Alexander88207 ports and use your help and it works. Thank you to both of you.

I was wrong it works with problems; no sound, cannot stop/cancel. It is unusable on my system.

Last edited:
Back