mplayer without X

I'm not sure that I'm writing in right topic, so sorry ;)
I want to see video by mplayer on my Asus EEE netbook
[CMD="mplayer"] -vo aa e.mkv[/CMD]
, but it didn't show me video saying [CMD="Error"] opening/initializating the selected video_out (-vo) device[/CMD]
After searching google I have find many about framebuffer, but as I uderstand it's just for Linux, not for FreeBSD.
Do I have any possibility to watch video without X?

PS Sorry for my English

AFAIR aa output is just not built into mplayer by default, but I've used it at some point. Hardly it can be called video, but it works.

mav@ said:
Hardly it can be called video, but it works.
[CMD="vo"] -aa[/CMD] was just an example. It doesn't work with any other option :( I think that the problem is in my misunderstanding of something important but I don't know what it is :)

Ishayahu said:
[CMD="vo"] -aa[/CMD] was just an example. It doesn't work with any other option :( I think that the problem is in my misunderstanding of something important but I don't know what it is :)

Go back in the port directory and read the files. There are different switches to use to compile in options for mplayer.

UNIXgod said:
Go back in the port directory and read the files. There are different switches to use to compile in options for mplayer.
Ah. I used the pkg_add command. There isn't another way except of compiling with the right options?

Ishayahu said:
I used a pkg_add command... There isn't another way except of compiling with right options?
Of course. pkg_add installs binary packages. Binary packages are compiled from ports using default build options.

Sorry that I'm annoying, but I still don't understand wich option I need for compiling mplayer... Google doesn't help me and I don't have even a idea where to see... :(

I haven't used mplayer from a console in years but last time the output was to an SVGA framebuffer in an earlier version of slackware. Not sure what FreeBSD has for that now.

Back