Solved Mouse Does Not Interact with Gnome

Hello,

I am experiencing a very odd issue in the Gnome3 environment that I cannot find any information about.

My mouse works. It moves and it interacts with programs (highlight, right click, copy, paste, left click hyperlink, form, etc.). However, it does not interact with Gnome. If I click the Power button in the top right corner, nothing. If I hover over Activities in the top left, it doesn't highlight. Left click, right click, nothing.

Oddly enough, the Topleft Hot Corner DOES work. But, I cannot click any applications in the dock or the "show applications" feature. On the Gnome desktop, I cannot move windows around, either. But, inside the windows, I can scroll and interact with Firefox, gnome-terminal, etc.

In the i3 window manager, the mouse is fully functional. I can click to resize windows as well as click to drag certain menus, like various settings.

Any insight or assistance would be greatly appreciated. I enjoy i3, but sometimes I like working with Gnome as well.

I'm not sure what settings would be useful, so I'm adding /etc/rc.conf and /boot/loader.conf

/etc/rc.conf:
Code:
hostname="dev-serv"
ifconfig_bge0="DHCP"
sshd_enable="YES"
# Set dumpdev to "AUTO" to enable crash dumps, "NO" to disable
dumpdev="AUTO"

gdm_enable="YES"
gnome_enable="YES"

/boot/loader.conf:
Code:
kern.vty=vt

nvidia_load="YES"

Please let me know if any other information is needed. I am using FreeBSD 11.1 on an Intel Core2Duo, nVidia GT 8600GS machine with the nVidia x11/nvidia-driver-304 installed.

Also note, my lack of dbus and hald are due to reading Thread mouse-keyboard-in-x.4614 first.

Thank you for your time.

Back