Other Mounting NTFS partition on boot via fstab

I know this is probably a straight forward syntax problem but I am having trouble getting an NTFS partition to automount a fixed partition on booting.
(fuse_load="YES" is in my /boot/loader.conf for whatever it's worth.)
The command I would use to do so under Mate since click-mounting does not work is:
ntfs-3g /dev/ada1s5 /media/music
(Which obviously mounts that partition as music and is r/w with no problems)

From past threads I picked up that something like this should be added into fstab:
Code:
/dev/ada1s5 /media/music ntfs mountprog=/usr/local/bin/ntfs-3g,late,rw 0 0
Except I get the "Inappropriate file type or format" error during boot if I do so.
What's the mistake I am making here?
I see someone reporting the same issue in https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/50102/#post-283214 but with no solution. The big plus for me if I can do so is that I could switch over to FreeBSD full time, as NTFS access is literally the one thing keeping me from doing so.

I did not manage to make this work before FreeBSD 10, but it works without issues since and I’m using it on HEAD. What version of FreeBSD are you on?

The error message does not correspond with what you should get if FUSE were not loaded, but just to be sure you should check with kldstat.

Except I get the "Inappropriate file type or format" error during boot if I do so

This error is often related with a syntax issue in /etc/fstab, you should double-check the file or post it here.

I'm on 10.3 Release here. Fuse is definitely loaded going by the boot process messages and kldstat backs that up. There is really no change to the default post-install fstab other than adding that one line in the code box. It just lists the device info for the / partition and swap partition otherwise. That's all there is.

EDIT: Okay... little bit odd. Having retyped the exact same added line and rebooted for the dozenth time, and despite that error message still appearing, the partition has in fact mounted on booting now and is working perfectly well. No idea why it suddenly just started working when I've done nothing differently but still - woohoo! Random computer madness I guess.

Another step away from Windows!

Back