Other Mount only certain disks/partitions on boot

Hello, BSD newbie here (be kind!)

What's the way to configure the system so that only certain partitions are mounted at boot? I have three different disks, ada0, ada1 and ada2, and all partitions on them are mounted automatically on /media/. I only want a specific one to be mounted, with the others to be mounted manually if needed. How do I achieve that, please? In /etc/fstab I have

Code:
/dev/ada2p1    /mnt    ext2fs    rw,user        0 0

but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Add the noauto option.

Code:
     If the option "noauto" is specified, the file system will not be
     automatically mounted at system startup.  Note that, for network file
     systems of third party types (i.e., types supported by additional
     software not included in the base system) to be automatically mounted at
     system startup, the extra_netfs_types rc.conf(5) variable must be used to
     extend the rc(8) startup script's list of network file system types.
See fstab(5)

I have three different disks, ada0, ada1 and ada2, and all partitions on them are mounted automatically on /media/.
This sounds like HAL or some other automounter. Not something that's done through fstab.

Thank you! I think I wasn't very clear, sorry. What I'd like to achieve is for /dev/ada2p1 to be automatically mounted on /mnt but none of the remaining filesystems to be mounted at boot. Currently, everything gets mounted at boot on /media, which seems to override what is stated in /etc/fstab. Should I uninstall sysutils/automount?

Probably not sysutils/automount that does this. If you look at /usr/local/etc/devd/automount_devd.conf it doesn't touch any ada* devices. Do you have sysutils/hal running?

What desktop environment do you have? Some have their own settings/applications for this.

Mounting on /media is typically something desktop environments do. Boot into single user mode, are the extra file systems mounted? Probably not. Then boot into console mode only (no GUI or DE running). Are they mounted? If yes, they are either listed in /etc/fstab, or you have an automounter running, like SirDice said. Then enable your GUI or DE; if they become mounted now, then FreeBSD (the OS itself) is not at fault, and it is the GUI's fault.

Back