Other mount dvd via mount_udf/mount -t cd9660 not possible

I tried 2 several dvd-burners and got same results with both drives, one drives is internal and one drive external. I previously had similar problems and replaced my old dvd-burner with some new kind but still having same problems but I didn't try the old burner within this case.

I tried to mount via command:
mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd1 /mnt/cd
-results at displaying the files within the dvd but not being able to play any movie
-or get the message inside "This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system
that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification."

mount_udf /dev/cd1 /mnt/cd
-ends with message "mount_udf: /dev/cd1: Invalid argument"

mount -t udf /dev/cd1 /mnt/cd
-ends with message "mount_udf: /dev/cd1: Invalid argument"

I've read a lot of manuals on the main page and within forums or blogs but didn't get any solution so far, I don't understand why i am getting such problems reading DVD's. Sometimes I get some data via "-t cd9660" reading DVD's but I never get any result with UDF, it's not doing anything and at this I need some advice.

Can this link be trusted? There is sometimes people who just want to troll threads and i don't want to get hurt reading this.

I'd prefer some official sources and neutral comments without being in any way off-topic.

I'd prefer some official sources and neutral comments without being in any way off-topic.
Then maybe don't post on a public forum but instead get yourself some commercial FreeBSD support.

Another option would be to use the man command to read the instructions for those mount commands so that you can check for yourself what wrong arguments you used. See man man for more information about that.

(edit)

Anyway... man mount_cd9660 is step one. That's how you can access the files on a media such as a DVD. But why do you assume that you need to mount the DVD in order to play movies? Leading up to: what program do you use to play those movies in the first place? That would be the logical place to look: ensuring that your player can properly access your DVD. The way how depends on whatever player you use.

For example... It's been a while but I never had to mount anything while using multimedia/vlc to watch a DVD. Of course I did have to give my user account access to the /dev/cd0 entry.

It seems like i have to correct this thread to:

I need some advice in being able to access dvd's the way they should be, i want to have data-access and there is no way to mount them.

Creating and Using DVD Media say's to use "mount_udf(8)" instead of mount, i don't to work around this problem. I want to access my dvd's.

So please, stop working around the thread-topic.

I need some advice in being able to access dvd's the way they should be, i want to have data-access and there is no way to mount them.
And that's where your're wrong, because there is:
Code:
root@feliner:/ # mount_cd9660 /dev/cd0 /mnt
root@feliner:/ # ls /mnt
audio_ts/       video_ts/
This is what happens when I try to access my Top Gun DVD.

Most of all: you even mentioned this yourself in your first message:

mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd1 /mnt/cd
-results at displaying the files within the dvd but not being able to play any movie
(edit): As such the DVD has an ISO9660 (FAT based) filesystem and can therefor not be mounted using mount_udf because it doesn't have an UDF filesystem. It's either one, or the other, but not both.

Therefor, once again, the solution to your problem is to either use mount_cd9660 to access the data on the DVD. Or to use a capable DVD player (my advice would be multimedia/vlc) if you actually want to play the movie itself (as asked in your original post). Once again: you do not need to mount the DVD in order to play the movie on it.

So please, stop working around the thread-topic.
That's for a moderator to decide, not you. Even so, I would look in a mirror to be honest, because right now it's you who's trying to change their story, as showcased above.

Again: I see who's trolling here. If anybody has a problem with me stating the obvious, please kick me out instead of just deleting my posts, thanks.
Don't feed the trolls please.

Look: I get it that you got upset because you feel to be in the right and there's obviously something 'odd' about this thread; just see my own comments above. But right now you're only adding to the drama. See: I remember that you wrote that message, but for all I know you could have deleted it yourself just to try and make a point. I'm not saying that you did: but I am saying that there's no way for us to know for sure.

Sometimes the best way to make a point is to simply walk away and let certain participants fend for themselves.

Alas, not going to pursue that topic any further here but I still wanted to mention this.

If you have a problem, use the Report function. Don't attempt to moderate or call out threads that you dislike for whatever reason. It just derails the topic (further). Mods and Admins are active on this forum, but we're not going to jump on any hunch without waiting it out.

Back