More info on NSA activities.

For visualizing government driven cyber threat in expressive, flexible, and as human-readable as possible way STIX is a collaborative community-driven effort to define and develop a standardized language to represent structured cyber threat information. For reflecting the latest developments have this slide handy for your presentations:

Attachments

• stix_up_sm.jpg
    stix_up_sm.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1,051
Does anyone have any links to current Chinese activities? Or England? Or Russia? Or Japan? Or Australia? Or France?

I know they are all very active doing exactly the same thing and there must be a blizzard of covert activity while everyone else is focused on the NSA.

What I don't understand is, how did people find out all those information now, that they never had before, about the most secret organization in the world? And I'm not talking about any Snowden stuff. Hmm.

I think the point is those other countries it's a given because of their societal structure, but in the "land of the free" our information is being collected and retained (constitutional violation) without our consent.

Ok. It's situation normal for them and they're used to it. So how come so many non-US citizens are posting about it here? It should be just, meh, to them but they're complaining. I just don't get it.

Is this the same FreeBSD forum where I can bring up Al-qaeda activities and terrorist plots?

Look up Pulitzer and the Yellow Kid. Objectivity exists where balance must be watched like some mad quantum mechanic's puzzle. Culture norms constantly differentiate yet the standard remains as "clouded within the individual's own perception." As humans, we have the tendency to believe that our individual perceptions and experiences constitute more of the truth than any others' around us. We exist on this world along with a vast number of other people, animals - of which we are, plants, and everything else I have missed.

We walk about blind and oblivious to those around us. What do we really share when it comes to emotions or experience? Neither I nor you can interfere into another's life without becoming a part of it. Perception is the mirror of desire and within it, we can see/view/perceive the possible reasons another would take such actions. Cultures differ to the point that they can be nicknamed as genres.

In those other places, they have been conditioned - as have/are we - to act and react a certain way. To break this standard procedure and be independent of the socio-culturoi-political grade means causing havok before a moment of growth. Perhaps there are similar people waiting in those places ready to speak for themselves. And perhaps we keep forgetting that we are not the only ones on this planet in this universe.

drhowarddrfine said:
So how come so many non-US citizens are posting about it here? It should be just, meh, to them but they're complaining. I just don't get it.

My personal opinion on this is because Americans are perceived to be arrogant. Who doesn't root for the arrogant to be taken down a peg?

tzoi516 said:
drhowarddrfine said:
So how come so many non-US citizens are posting about it here? It should be just, meh, to them but they're complaining. I just don't get it.

My personal opinion on this is because Americans are perceived to be arrogant. Who doesn't root for the arrogant to be taken down a peg?

To make his point a bit more clear - the point itself is correct - let me add to this from the viewpoint as one of these non-US citizen.

These non-US citizents, which are a huge majority of the affected people, do not like to be sniffed at more than you would do. Any other nation doing the same is smart enough not to be caught with the pants down or is polite enough to apologize and then continue a bit more discreet. But the official statements from the US (or more precisely, the Powers That Be there) are arrogant indeed.

You, as a US citizen, might be considered arrogant by association - colateral damage, so to speak. I do not consider US citizens as arrogant by default, but sometimes they create that impression on their own ;)

Well, now you whould all know that the NSA not only spies on the evils outside of the "land of the brave" but also tracks you where they can. Get used to it, it is already "situation normal" for you as well. Spooks simply don't care about laws, or the constitution, or any other law anywhere.

tzoi516 said:
I think the point is those other countries it's a given because of their societal structure, but in the "land of the free" our information is being collected and retained (constitutional violation) without our consent.

No.

Australia (where I live) and the UK have people who have been just as duped as you guys are, we just haven't had a Snowden go rogue here yet, so we don't have concrete info to leak. But there is no doubt that it is going on.

The US / NSA is copping all the flack because GCHQ and DSD (Australia) are just lap dogs for the NSA anyway - the governments of the US/UK/AU are all just puppets no doubt, the real leadership is no doubt out of the spotlight controlling the NSA. In fact one thing I read recently about the US for example is that when you're in an official state of war, the shadow government (i.e., secret, so they can't be taken out) is activated. Don't you still have an official "war on terror" going on? Obama (or whoever else wins next time) is just a sideshow.

Australia has been in the news recently actually for spying on the Indonesian government in a similar manner to how the NSA targeted Merkel.

No tin foil hat alert here. Simply look at the flags of the East India trading company and draw your own conclusions.

We don't do political and/or speculation stuff on here, or this gets locked. Stay factual.

Back