Monitor an IBM ServeRaid Array?

I recently got my hands on an IBM eServer with a ServeRaid-6M controller. I've been looking for a way to monitor the status of an array, but have come up mostly flat.

I've seen references to a program called ipsstat, but am unable to find where to get it. It doesn't seem to be on the ServeRaid application CD, and a search on IBM's site comes up blank. I came across an old thread from 2009 on these boards, one recommendation was for a suite called freeipmi. This doesn't seem to be ideal but I guess it's what I'll go with if there's nothing more appropriate.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks, that's actually the thread I was referring to in my OP.

In addition to the above, I just tried installing the arcconf port, but it doesn't support my older controller. I decided to just settle for freeipmi as suggested in the other thread, but it just segfaults. I'll try one of the other impi implementations before doing something ...rash.

I haven't been able to get anything on IBM's site to work.

Update: Found ipsstat, runs fine, system hangs a minute or two later. Somehow hosed my bootloader on one occasion.

*huge sigh*

Indeed

The machine runs great other than that it can't tell me if the array is degraded. I might bite the bullet and try putting Slackware on it; I seem to be out of options.

Back