Minnowboard Turbot user report

As a side note the other Netgate ADI offerings use a different Firmware/BIOS type.
The ADI RCC-DFF2220 Nano board and RCC-VE2440 ITX offering use SeaBIOS -which I thought at the time -How basic can you get. The only BIOS option is boot device order. You can compile your own as it is open. They are console only devices that use OTG USB ports as the only local interface.

The only BIOS option is boot device order.
Hah! The UEFI version goes the other way, with lots of mysterious options. The descriptions are as traditional for setup screens, just repeating the name with no explanation at all, the setup equivalent of
Code:
a++;  /* add one to a */

Just for reference the SeaBIOS uses no color screen. Just a text mode chooser on boot.
How about the Turbots firmware term South Cluster instead of Southbridge. Some really new stuff for sure in there.
It has Intel's footprint all over it.

An industrious person could spend some time on the Minnowboard wiki, adding entries for all the setup stuff. Now I'm wondering if FreeBSD might find the MMC device with one of the alternate firmware implementations.

I was wondering the same thing about a legacy bios. I wonder if the legacy firmware from the older MBM would work on it or if the newer processor difference breaks that option. I see no Turbot specific firmware.
How about -boot from a file- in the firmware...

Had to use loader to setup FreeBSD from serial/UART via Prolific USB adapter.
Took some help to get going:
Code:
set comconsole_port=0x2F8
set comconsole_speed=115200
set hint.uart.0.flags=0x0
set console=comconsole
boot
The Netgate instructions for another product really helped me get it. Simply had to remove one line to modify for Turbot.
https://www.netgate.com/docs/rcc-ve-2440/freebsd.html

Actually I broke the mini HDMI socket right off the board messing around with it in the shed. Console only now!

Last edited:
Back