Solved Minidlna starting at boot no discovery

Hello,
I've installed minidlna and I'm running into a problem I can't solve.
When start up at boot (with enable="YES" in rc.conf) none of the client see the server but it seems like the minidlna is running (checked with top and service status).
When I restart minidlna (service minidlna restart) it's working perfectly.
When I don't configure autoboot and I start it after login (service minidlna onestart) it's working perfectly too.
Any of you, have an idea of what's going on ?

Perhaps your interface isn't up when minidlna starts?
If you're using DHCP try adding SYNCDHCP instead of DHCP in rc.conf
If possible it would also be interesting to know if net/gerbera exhibits the same issue (it's also a DLNA server but a bit more maintained upstream these days)

Seems like that was it, my interface wasn't up before minidlna starts.
It is working now, so not sure I'll test gerbera but if I have time I'll give it a try.
Anyway, thanks for the help.

If you're using DHCP try adding SYNCDHCP instead of DHCP in rc.conf
Seems like that was it, my interface wasn't up before minidlna starts.
The better approach to correct the issue would be to correct the rc script of the minidlna service.

To ensure a working network before the minidlna service is started, dependency NETWORKING should be added to the REQUIRE keyword.

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/minidlna
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# PROVIDE: minidlna
# REQUIRE: LOGIN NETWORKING
# KEYWORD: shutdown
Dams, could you test? Edit file, revert SYNCDHCP to DHCP and reboot the system.

I have no test system, if the modified minidlna script is working as expected I could file a bug report. Or, if you wish, you could.

Hi, sorry didn't see your message before.

Adding NETWORKING to the rc script doesn't work.
It seems to me that the minidlna script wait for networking script to start but not wait for the IP adress to be set.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Back