Solved Migrate from Win8 to FreeBSD and keep Windows in VBox

Hi.
I'm web developer and I'm using win8 for this purpose.(C#,ASP.Net)

Now I'm learning Unix/Linux Administrator and JAVA and want to migrate to FreeBSD. I've ran Debian and FreeBSD in VBox but my system have problem with memory because win8 use 1.2 of ram, VS use about 1G when I'm running my IIS and sql use about 400M, and now guess final result with chrome,firefox and other environments.

My Hardware Info:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M
RAM: 4.00GB
Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M
HDD: 500G

I want to know if I install FreeBSD then install Windows 7 or 8 in VirtualBox, can it make problem for me?
I must run everything I have now in VBox for my job.
How much SWAP I should choose?

tnx

By the looks of it you have an Optimus chipset which is going to cause problems with FreeBSD. Running FreeBSD in a VM however should work just fine. And as you are still learning a VM is an excellent way to play around without touching your host system. I would suggest keeping Windows 8 and just sticking more memory in the machine. You could then create a new virtual machine to run IIS and MS-SQL on. That way you can simply switch it off when you don't need it freeing valuable memory.

It's great idea to use virtual machine for IIS and MS-SQL but can you explain that how can I use it?
How can I run my code from Win to VM IIS?

Then with your suggest it seem in future I should buy laptop with single graphic card.

Thanks SirDice.

It's great idea to use virtual machine for IIS and MS-SQL but can u explain that how can I use it?
How can I run my code from Win to VM IIS?

If I interpret that correctly, you want to keep your development on the host system, but have the webapps hosted on a VM for testing/debugging? So, just use virtual networking. You could either deploy your apps using a network share, or even share your development tree directly with the VM and point the IIS WebApp there. For debugging, VS comes with a remote debugger. Just run %VSROOT%\Common7\IDE\Remote Debugger\x64\msvsmon.exe on your vm, configure permissions there, then you can connect to it using "Attach to process" from within VS.

Thanks Zirias but another issue which remind in my mind is:

My host RAM usage 1.2G; another OS in VM 1G plus SQL and IIS usage. I was wrong about idea. It's good for shutting down services but in running mode it got more RAM.

Thanks for help. I get my answer and don't want to post unrelated to FreeBSD.

Back