math/suitesparse question

Lately math/suitesparse has been divided into a dozen of ports. And now I see in the output of pkg version -v that almost all of them are marked "orphaned" (but their directories are still present in the /usr/ports/ tree). Obviously, no information in the /usr/ports/UPDATING or /usr/ports/MOVED.
I am using portsnap to upgrade ports' tree on 12.2-STABLE amd64.

And how now I should use/ upgrade suitesparse??

If you know which package belongs to which port entry, you can try to reconnect them using portupgrade -o <new port name> <orphaned port name>. If that doesn't work, you can pkg delete -f <orphan>, then install again with make install clean.

Looks like a meta port to me, all names in lowercase now. Command portupgrade -o may not work, just try it with a single one. Command pkg delete -f <orphan> will work for all orphans. After that, cd to /usr/ports/math/suitesparse (the meta port) and make install clean. Then pkg version -v will report those ports up-to-date again.

I use ports-mgmt/pkg_replace, all I had to to was install the new port like this # pkg_replace -N math/suitesparse-cholmod, pkg took care of deinstalling the old port. since # pkg version -vL= listed the orphaned ports, this was easy to do manually with copy and paste.

Back