MATE Mate System Monitor setting can cause it to crash itself

When loading the Mate System Monitor and selecting the "Processes" tab, click the "View" drop down menu and select "All Processes" then "Dependencies". This will crash the system monitor and will cause the system monitor to crash at any future attempt to load the program while trying to view the "Processes" tab.

Only known way that seems to fix this is to delete the "user" file located in .config/dconf/. This will reset your Mate settings as well.

Mate System Monitor was installed via pkgng. mate-system-monitor-1.8.0_1

Here's an error received when repeating these steps:

Code:
(mate-system-monitor:1001): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: can't peek value table for type '<invalid>' which is not currently referenced
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
LibGTop-Server: pid 1002 received eof.

Another thing I noticed is that this shows up when starting the system monitor. I am running 10.1-RELEASE-p5 amd64:
Code:
This libgtop was compiled on FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE-p9 amd64
If you see strange problems caused by it,
you should recompile libgtop and dependent applications.

Packages are compiled for the lowest supported version of each major release. Usually it's packages that use kernel related stuff that has issues. It would be work re-compiling the package and seeing if that fixes the issue. Something like portmaster -r libgtop should do the trick.

Then if libgtop comes out stable on 10.1 from pkgng, I can just uninstall those ports and install with pkgng?

Back