MATE MATE Desktop Environment Is Laggy

Hi!
I installed FreeBSD and everything was great until i install MATE...
MATE and Firefox is so laggy and this is so uncomfortable, but when I switch to DWM, everything is great and there is no lag occuring.
I thought i happens due to OpenGL, because Alacritty throws error like this:
Code:
hoovy@sysV:~ $ alacritty
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
Created log file at "/tmp/Alacritty-1643.log"
[2022-01-28 21:46:51.987215605] [ERROR] [alacritty] Alacritty encountered an unrecoverable error:

Error creating GL context; Received multiple errors. Errors: `[OsError("Could not create EGL display object"), OsError("`glXQueryExtensionsString` found no glX extensions")]`

hoovy@sysV:~
I installed (graphics driver)
scfb
vesa
Intel
NVIDIA (340 {because a my tutor installed like that and currently it's passive, beacuse i removed from kld_list})

Welcome to FreeBSD Forums.

Can you share the result of a hardware probe? One-off preparation, then a probe:
  1. pkg install sysutils/hw-probe sysutils/pciutils sysutils/usbutils
  2. hw-probe -all -upload
Alternatively, please provide essential information such as the exact version of FreeBSD, choice of repository for packages, graphics hardware, X.Org logs and so on.

Hi,
I use Mate and I also find it to be laggy on 32 bit versions (for example, FreeBSD-13.0-RELEASE-i386-memstick.img).

However, I do not find it laggy on 64 bit versions (FreeBSD-13.0-RELEASE-amd64-memstick.img).

For this reason, I now install KDE on 32 bit systems, even though I still prefer Mate for general use on 64 bit systems.

Hope this is helpful.

Stop using marco compositor and just install compton disable transparencies (they are annoying) and just use this command to start compton using xrender and eliminate tearing also
compton --backend=xrender --vsync=opengl

Hi!
I installed FreeBSD and everything was great until i install MATE...
MATE and Firefox is so laggy and this is so uncomfortable, but when I switch to DWM, everything is great and there is no lag occuring.
I thought i happens due to OpenGL, because Alacritty throws error like this:
Code:
hoovy@sysV:~ $ alacritty
Created log file at "/tmp/Alacritty-1643.log"
[2022-01-28 21:46:51.987215605] [ERROR] [alacritty] Alacritty encountered an unrecoverable error:

Error creating GL context; Received multiple errors. Errors: `[OsError("Could not create EGL display object"), OsError("`glXQueryExtensionsString` found no glX extensions")]`

hoovy@sysV:~
I installed (graphics driver)
scfb
vesa
Intel
NVIDIA (340 {because a my tutor installed like that and currently it's passive, beacuse i removed from kld_list})
What is the output of kldstat ?

Back