Mac pro intel 4.1 FreeBSD 11

Hello,

I have my monitor plugged on the port B of my Nvidia Quadro 4800 FX and when I do a startx I have some (EE-XX ....) big errors how I correct this ?

ALso I have another video card on it, a nvidia gt120 but not plugged.

Please provide the actual error messages. Post your Xorg.0.log on a service like Pastebin and provide the URL here.

Ok, it's still trying to use vesa(4). But that's to be expected. Make sure you don't have an xorg.conf somewhere (check /etc/X11/ and /usr/local/etc/X11/). Then create /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/driver-nvidia.conf with the following content:
Code:
Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
EndSection

Hopefully that's enough for it to detect the card(s).

I don't want to hurt audience but on my linux I have :
Code:
Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
        Driver          "vesa"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Monitor         "Configured Monitor"
        Device          "Configured Video Device"
EndSection

I have my first monitor on left plugged on port B on pci card1 (DVI) and on the right a second monitor plugged on card0 's DVI port. and it workson linux.

Ok, it's still trying to use vesa(4). But that's to be expected. Make sure you don't have an xorg.conf somewhere (check /etc/X11/ and /usr/local/etc/X11/). Then create /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/driver-nvidia.conf with the following content:
Code:
Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
EndSection

Hopefully that's enough for it to detect the card(s).
really ?? That's all as possibilities for this case ? Because currently I tried and I ever get EE errors, is there anything as effect I use vesa ?

Just a passerby here, but earlier I was having some problems with vesa before realizing that I should have been using scfb (for UEFI). Maybe this helps?

Back