Solved LXDE gremlins, Kodi gremlins

Hello,
Once again I've found myself in a bind. I've upgraded my computer from 11.2 to12.1-amd64. I'm using and Nvidia GT730 graphics card and the Nvidia-340 driver. I've rebuilt all the ports and have most everything working exept for 2 gremlins and I think they are related but I can't figure out how to proceed. The first is LXDE now asks what I should do with an executable script whenever I click on a desktop icon. It did not do this before the upgrade. I'm guessing is some sort of permisssion problem but I can't figure it out. I uses slim to start it. The other demon is kodi will only run as root. It seg faults and core dumps when run as a regular user but works fine when launched as root. I don't see anything obvious in the logs. it warns that it fails to initialize egl but thats it. The last line has some thing to do with GL-extentions and graphics card stuff. I'm not really sure though. I've tried deleting ~/.kodi to clear old profile stuff out as recommended on some forums but it did not fix it for me. Does any body have any idea?? Is this even the right area for this? I would really like to get this going as kodi is the primary reason this computer even exists. Let me know.

Thanks!!
Jason

Hi,

For your first problem, I think I once got the same. If you use PCManFM, just open it and go into the edit / preferences menu. Then, check something like "Launch executable files without prompt".

I ain't sure of the exact texts as my LXDE isn't localised in english.

Hello,
Changing the settings in PCManFM fixed the icon prompt problem. THANKS!! Unfortunately the Kodi problem remains. Would it be better to re-post this in multimedia??

Bullittman

Back