lshow partprobe hdparm -z alternatives

I am looking for some partproble, lshow and hdparm -z alternatives for FreeBSD. I am trying to fix an LSI array, camcontrol identify [device] is not working well.

Thanks in advance.

It may be more useful to describe what information you are trying to find. As FreeBSD users, we may not be familiar with the Linux commands.

I am trying to match /dev/mfid[#] to the serial number of the drive somehow. This gives me the slot number and the drive serial number: MegaCli -pdlist -a0 | grep -e "Slot Number:" -e "Inquiry Data:", but the /dev/mfid[#] are not sequential.

camcontrol devlist -v gives me only the drive model, no serial number, nor the /dev/mfid[#]. mfiutil show drives gives me the serial number and slot, not the /dev/mfid[#]. mfiutil show volumes give me only the /dev/mfid[#].

Thanks in advance.

The last entry in the output of diskinfo -v /dev/ada0 should give the serial number of the drive. So maybe diskinfo -v /dev/mfid# would work.

t1066 said:
The last entry in the output of diskinfo -v /dev/ada0

should give the serial number of the drive. So maybe diskinfo -v /dev/mfid# would work.

Thanks so much for your reply, but it is empty, probably because of the RAID card.

diskinfo -v /dev/mfid8
Code:
/dev/mfid8
        512             # sectorsize
        1998998994944   # mediasize in bytes (1.8T)
        3904294912      # mediasize in sectors
        0               # stripesize
        0               # stripeoffset
        243031          # Cylinders according to firmware.
        255             # Heads according to firmware.
        63              # Sectors according to firmware.
                        # Disk ident.

Back