Links to the forum on the main FreeBSD website

Yes, that is surely a good idea, I will probably handle it.

The current policy of www/ will not allow us to add a new "top" menu item, but adding it to the community section will be fine for the beginning.

maybe you can add it under shortcuts

SHORTCUTS

* Mailing Lists
* Report a Bug
* FAQ
* Handbook
* Ports
* Forum

, can't you?
There seam to be enough space

Yes, I have added it there, but for some reason it isn't contained under all community sub-pages. I will have to investigate what I am missing ;-)

danger@ said:
Yes, I have added it there, but for some reason it isn't contained under all community sub-pages. I will have to investigate what I am missing ;-)

give me the link... if/when you have uploaded to main page...
I can't see link on main page yet

that would be nice, however I need to discuss this with doceng@ and other relevant parties. People are not very happy with adding new links to these locations, which, after all, is a good approach to prevent spamming our menus with a lot of links...

I do admit that, but it seems like responsible people do not agree :-(

I have discussed this option too, however I've been told that there is already a lot of links and if we are going to add another one, we have to delete one of existing ones....

danger@ said:
I have discussed this option too,...we have to delete one of existing ones....

Aha; If so, let us stick to "KeepItSmall n Simple" principle ;)
All existing shortcuts are important than forum link :(.

danger@, Once again; Thanks for your quick response

I don't know but I would rather prefer a link to the forums then to the mailing lists because I use forums way more often then mailing lists ;).

There could be one link (Discussions or something) instead of "Mailing Lists" which leads to a sepreate side where one can find links to Mailing Lists, IRC , this Forum, ...

Its like that already it just takes to rename the Link and maybe redesign the page behind that Link.

Back