Life without FreeBSD Forums is hard!

It was down for a lot longer than a day. It went down some time Sunday afternoon and only got back up a few minutes ago.

Don't yet know what the cause was though. But us admins couldn't even access the host itself. So there wasn't much we could do to fix things.

Don't yet know what the cause was though. But us admins couldn't even access the host itself. So there wasn't much we could do to fix things.
This is a perfect base for all sorts of conspiracy theories.

Here comes my CT. The server was captured by Russia and is hosted now somewhere in Siberia. It took some time to get the last mile connected. This explains, why even SirDice didn’t have access to it.

Now, once Putin starts the invasion, we all can be updated by the one and only source of true news about it (RT), and our comments and suggestions would be redacted in order to stay positive.

It was down for a lot longer than a day. It went down some time Sunday afternoon and only got back up a few minutes ago.

Where is the machine? I believe you are in Netherlands, is it there or on another continent?

Glad the forum is back up.

the host seems to be in NC, USA
Well if one believes the Weather channel there was a significant winter storm that rolled through that area a few days ago. It was a mix of wet snow, rain, sleet, high winds, so I can imagine power outages and connectivity down for a bit. If the hosting service has backup power but physical wires into/out of the building are down, "you can't get there from here".

I'm guessing that the systemd discussions were also part of the cause....

SirDice, the rest of the admins, hosting service, thanks for getting things back in order.

Reactions: bjs
I have think that my ip address was black listed. 🤗 Now that it is available again and that I write in it I know that it was not the case. This forum is nice I wish it long life and support starting by me. 🌼

Back