LibreOffice help not present

Hi everyone.

Why could it be, that when I press F1 in libreoffice, it opens a web-browser and sends me to a web-page instead of opening offline libreoffice help? When building the port it seems to download libreoffice-help among other things.

OK, I've found out it is because --with-help build option must be explicitly set to build the off-line help, the default being NO. But why is it not present in the configurable options?
I'm trying to build the help now by manually including --with-help into Makefile.

EDIT: I remember having read somewhere about the help not building... can't find the source now. But I'll see how it builds now.

OK, the build has finished successfully. The help is working all right. So why not activate this as a build option via config dialog?

This seems relevant, because the online help , to which LibreOffice Help forwards in the default build, doesn't actually offer any HELP. It's just a kind of explanation of what LibreOffice Help is all about. Pretty useless.

OK, I've found out it is because --with-help build option must be explicitly set to build the off-line help, the default being NO. But why is it not present in the configurable options?
I'm trying to build the help now by manually including --with-help into Makefile.

EDIT: I remember having read somewhere about the help not building... can't find the source now. But I'll see how it builds now.
Hi,
Would appreciate it if you could indicate whereabouts in the Makefile --with-help should go? I am seeing two CONFIGURE_ARGS sections.
Thanks!

Hi,
Would appreciate it if you could indicate whereabouts in the Makefile --with-help should go? I am seeing two CONFIGURE_ARGS sections.
Thanks!
I checked the output of ./configure --help in the sourcedir, according to which it goes after all the --with-system... configure options. So I've put it on the next line after --without-system-npapi-headers \. Yes, don't forget to add the "\" after the line that was last.

What did the Libreoffice maintainers think of adding this flag to the Makefile? The help src-package is downloaded by the port I see.

Did this patch cause some issue? In the linked bug report it is apparently accepted & committed; however there is no trace in the current Makefile for the port in question. Best regards.

Back